Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Badge For Trainee Royal Navy Submariners

Why do the RN have Parachutists and Snipers on submarines . . . . ?!

;) .

[no wha] SPAG for parachute [\no wha]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
Or for real fun....................................... pulls pin from grenade....................

.................. why do sailors from the SPAG have full wings on their uniforms having not done P Company or a comparable arduous course...........................................rolls grenade into room

Or for real fun....................................... pulls pin from grenade....................

.................. why do sailors from the SPAG have full wings on their uniforms having not done P Company or a comparable arduous course...........................................rolls grenade into room

because it makes fat old paras get frothy in the mouth.

Next you'll need to ask about the RAF's TSW...

As far as I am concerned those with the applitude to do the SPAG job can wear whatever badge they like.
Nutters the lot of them.

Even funnier when it's a fat split arse wearing wings.

Don't p company people have to turn up with the correct hat in anticipation of being able to wear it if they pass?
On P Company you turn up in the beret of your last unit, either blue for the majority, red if you are a Para Reg officer straight from RMAS, or green in the case of 148 Bty RA and Recce Troop 59 Cdo Sqn RE in the days when they had to do P Company.

On P Company you turn up in the beret of your last unit, either blue for the majority, red if you are a Para Reg officer straight from RMAS, or green in the case of 148 Bty RA and Recce Troop 59 Cdo Sqn RE in the days when they had to do P Company.

The closest I know of it was a housemate at uni doing ta p coy or possibly a uotc version, over a decade ago. Thank you for clarifying.

QRK2

LE
Don't p company people have to turn up with the correct hat in anticipation of being able to wear it if they pass?

I don't see it's much different. It can't be a huge cost to the navy anyway, probably little more than a - wait for it - drop in the ocean, but if it engenders a bit of motivation and pride then that's surely good.

Almost, non-Para Reg Phase 2 recruits in at least the RA who had indicated they wanted to go to Para units were wearing Maroon berets in training (and doing extra PT) ditto 4/73 and Khaki. The authorities tried to do the same with Green for those opting for 29 but (thankfully) were f'd off at the high port as that is, of course, a badge of qualification not a unit dress item.

Last edited:
Almost, non-Para Reg Phase 2 recruits in at least the RA who had indicated they wanted to go to Para units were wearing Maroon berets in training (and doing extra PT) ditto 4/73 and Khaki. The authorities tried to do the same with Green for those opting for 29 but (thankfully) were f'd off at the high port and that is, of course, a badge of qualification not a unit dress item.
That is a complete load of b*llocks.

Latest Threads