• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

New Arrse Android App (v 1.1.3) - Testers wanted

The new version of the ARRSE Android app is attached, with the following bugs supposedly fixed:

Application is stopping unexpectedly when clicking on few threads

Force close when accessing private messages

Crashes when clicking blogs editor Options button

Home screen is not getting updated with the latest entries of Blogs,Threads and Articles

Unable to view attachments

Error on registration with required fields

Can't upload avatar via android app.

Testing appreciated before I upload to the market. I can't do any fine tweaking by the way, except for colours. This is an off-the-shelf app from the makers of our software. Once we're used to it we can put in feature requests, bug reports and so on, but for now it comes down to "yes, it's good, publish it" or "no it doesn't work on my XYZ, using Android x.x, because...."

I should add that I haven't been able to try this myself. If whoever does the first install could confirm it is actually 1.1.3 and not 1.1.2 then I would be grateful.

Thanks!

Edit:

download here http://www.kitreviews.com/images/temp/arrse_1.1.3.apk

as attachment didn't work

P

PrinceAlbert

Will this work on my Google Nexus, running Ice Cream Sandwich? I'm new to Android, so any help as to where to put it on my phone would be handy.

Will this work on my Google Nexus, running Ice Cream Sandwich? I'm new to Android, so any help as to where to put it on my phone would be handy.
The whole point of the thread is that I don't know. It should do, but I'm hoping you'll tell me.

As for where to put it, the easiest way for me is to download to my PC, connect to the phone, and install via the sync software that comes with my phone. If that all sounds like a pain and you aren't confident to fiddle, then I would leave it for now and wait until, hopefully, we publish it to the market.

There are a couple of bits of advice online for direct download to phone - go to settings->applications and allow unknown sources, or use an app
tAttachApkInstaller. I'm pretty sure that someone said the former works when we tested the [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]previous[/FONT] incarnation of this app, but I have to go now so can't confirm.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Comes up as content unsupported.
The Samsung is the paperback shaped model as opposed to the ipad clone. I figured it would be more pocket friendly. Wrapped in an otterbox case. It works a treat. It's fast (hooks up quicker than the laptop). Screens good (if I did games on it). No Torygraph App, Current arrse app is a little stited. Battery life ok. Sound quality for music is great, the supplied headphones are the best OEM I've ever had and with a lot of lateral thinking you can transfer itunes to it. Downloaded books are all readable and it takes Spotify, it does exactly what I wanted. Although Santa may have spotted it on Amazon at a lot less than list price.

There are a couple of bits of advice online for direct download to phone - go to settings->applications and allow unknown sources, or use an app
tAttachApkInstaller. I'm pretty sure that someone said the former works when we tested the previous incarnation of this app, but I have to go now so can't confirm.
Changed Android settings to allow installation of non market applications. Same result. Download unsuccessful. Untitled Failed. Unfortunately cannot tether this brick to the PC so will try a few other ways.

Now got it on my own HTC Desire on A2.3 and working well, fast and seems really good. Definitely better than the actual site for simple browsing on my phone and way ahead of the mobile theme.

Samsung Galaxy S2, Android 2.3.5, download failed. Installed that tAttach blah installer, made No difference.

Edit: caveat: I am a technology biff and new to smartphones.

Got it sorted on my Samsung galaxy ace! I downloaded app to computer. It came up as a .man file, changed it to .apk, transfered it to memory card via USB, not using any other gear, just straight. Went in to memory card, it had android face on it, I taped it, it's installed! Says V1.1.3 on it! Cheers!

Latest Threads