New Armyjobs website - a hindrance to recruiting?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Purple_Emperor, Apr 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This has been raised on the TA Forum here but as it has been launched under the 'One Army' branding and there is apparently a press release on Mod oracle about it I thought it was appropriate for here.

Main issues with it include:

Over engineered and a lack of clear paths making it difficult to find the information you need.

Whatever you enter as your age/interests etc, it tells you you should be a para. i.e. the very point of the website, to give a tailored possible career choice, is negated by bad implementation.

From a TA point of view there are no links to TA websites, therefore no chance to get more information without sending in details for a DVD

There is no way for a potential TA soldier to see which units are close to him

All job specs (where they are complete - some stop mid sentence) are written from a regular army point of view. i.e. stating that one needs to undertake 26 weeks of training etc

Thoughts, comments or defences of this shambles welcomed!

2. Perhaps the Mods could link these posts ?

3. Well that is poor. I put my profile in (having turned the clock back a bit) and was given 67 possible roles, many which seemed almost random.

No doubt a good idea on paper but further development required