Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Army recruitment campaign

HCL

LE
Making it attractive for Brits to joint? what a fantastic idea. Worked well up to now hasn't it?

Scrap the rainbow, diversity, minorities are us shyte and maybe the missing demographic might join up if they think they've got an equal shout instead of them knowing they're at the back of the queue every time.

Its was in the Soldier magazine a few years back that doing PT in the morning is not good for the body, in answer to the letter, someone senior acknowledged that the Army knows PT in the morning isn't the best thing, however it was up to the regt CoC to decide.
A bit like forcing soldiers to pay for tat, its against army policy but its upto the rest CoC to decide.

Some right slopey shoulders in the soldier mag.
The issue isn't doing PT early in the morning, it's the transparency of the decision to do it early. It's very Army to not review decisions and tell people to get on with it.

Scrap the rainbow, diversity, minorities are us shyte and maybe the missing demographic might join up if they think they've got an equal shout instead of them knowing they're at the back of the queue every time.
I don't think the woke shit impacts recruiting, I believe youngsters don't care, it's more for their parents and to piss every white heterosexual male over the age of 30 offf.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
There is plenty of money, its just wasted elsewhere.
I admire your justification though that its ok because you pay peanuts, fairly much the same as the AFPRB when we told them about the conditions in the block, it was fine because the accommodation was free (at the time).
Treat people like cnuts and then wonder while they leave. Although you will put up with it despite saying.

CAAS letter drops through the letterbox today, apparently my freezing cold quarter is changing from band F to band C. Another nail in my retention coffin/piece of straw etc etc.

Our rent is going down, which is nice.

The issue isn't doing PT early in the morning, it's the transparency of the decision to do it early. It's very Army to not review decisions and tell people to get on with it.
Its very much an issue stating that PT in the morning isn't good, but its going to happen anyway.

Our rent is going down, which is nice.
Well you never gave a **** about other ranks when you were serving so its no suprise that you wouldn't now.

PT in the morning is bbad for you...based on what scientific study?
Based on the Army saying so in the soldier magazine. Take it up with them

I don't need to, you're the one bringing bollocks up.
Bringing up that the Army says something is bollocks is it?

What would you know about PT anyway, you have been on the biff for over 2 decades.

I have no idea what you're talking about to be fair. Congratulations on posting a hyperlink though.
Well I didn't make it up 7 years ago to prove a point now, did I?

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Respirator seal on a beard is impossible to achieve. Also hygiene problems under field conditions.
Bollocks, I managed a perfectly good seal on my BA in firefighting with a beard and passed my ressie testing as well.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Bollocks, I managed a perfectly good seal on my BA in firefighting with a beard and passed my ressie testing as well.
Seal might be a bit more critical with war gases , also service respirator has less pressure differential than a BA perhaps ?

Seal might be a bit more critical with war gases , also service respirator has less pressure differential than a BA perhaps ?

depends, but not really.

if the gas is light enough (and toxic enough) to force its way in and through beard impinged seals, it is unlikely to be readily weaponised.

A Bn with 400 or so 40 year old Ptes would look just like the RAF

And just think of the pension bill if they all did a full career as privates . . .

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Latest Threads