New Army recruitment campaign

Good news stories about the modern soldier:

Mummy and Daddy are consulted about an adult soldier's training and career.
Boots can't be worn.
Physical training is centred on the lowest common denominator.
Shin splints is a modern soldier 'ailment'
Normal stress and anxiety is medicalised and becomes an easy option for the idle.
Shouting tips them over the edge.
Is someone monitoring your blood pressure?

Good news stories about the modern soldier:

Mummy and Daddy are consulted about an adult soldier's training and career.
Boots can't be worn.
Physical training is centred on the lowest common denominator.
Shin splints is a modern soldier 'ailment'
Normal stress and anxiety is medicalised and becomes an easy option for the idle.
Shouting tips them over the edge.
If you say so...

Is someone monitoring your blood pressure?
I look forward to reading his book about his outstanding Army career, how he changed the way Tier 1 SF operate, or his time commanding an Armoured Div on Ops. Or event the time he led his sect/Pln/Bn to a successful assault on the enemy. I am sure it will be a riveting read :)

I look forward to reading his book about his outstanding Army career, how he changed the way Tier 1 SF operate, or his time commanding an Armoured Div on Ops. Or event the time he led his sect/Pln/Bn to a successful assault on the enemy. I am sure it will be a riveting read :)
He was in the Army? Genuine shock given this is ARRSE...

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Most good news stories about the modern army/soldier or that don’t revolve around ‘back in the day’ or the SLR are a cause for disappointment with lots of people on the site :)
Have you recently spoken to the decent young soldiers who are stagging on/on exercise/shite taskings alot because some of their peers have a biff chit from the DCMH?

Err. . . . I hope you won't mind if I draw your attention to the thread title at this point. For the avoidance of doubt, it's about the:

New Army recruitment campaign

. . that kicked off in early 2019, and was masterminded by Karmarama, whose successful efforts to deliver against their brief from the Army have recently been rewarded with a prestigious award from their fellow marketing professionals.

Apparently one is obliged to regard that as a cause for disappointment on this thread.
In fairness Phil Shiner won a prestigious award from his fellow legal professionals. Most trade organisations are self licking lollipops used to service fragile egos.

Yes, it is.

However, from 1979 - 2001 Recruiting and Retention went hand in hand.

Absolutely no use blitzing Recruiting if you cannot retain them.

Just to repeat an earlier comment I made. The success of the recruitment campaign can be measured by the fall in undermanning numbers.
At OR1 (ish) only then it gets more complicated.

Have you recently spoken to the decent young soldiers who are stagging on/on exercise/shite taskings alot because some of their peers have a biff chit from the DCMH?
...or have that peculiar non-medical, pyschological condition, perfect for the malingering sort, and quaintly titled NFCI - or Neo Fake Compensation Indicator as we used to call it in the Med Centre.

Latest Threads