New Army recruitment campaign

No idea what Fortnite is, maybe that is why recruiting gamers is not such a good idea.

Ask a 8 year old what fortnite is. They love it.

The yanks are having problems with drone ops too.

Probably not ideal that the lads who waxed that Iranian chap the other day went home to their family at the end of shift.

Also factor in that arty chaps letting too often don't see the effects of their work in close up, high-definition FMV.

How did you bring your kids up Stacker?
I didn't, I looked at the kids coming through training. Did you?
You are the one who said their granddaughter needed counselling or some bollocks you are the one who said your daughter didn't like you letting your grandson do something "dangerous". Who the **** is bring up your grandkids? Would that be someone that you brought up? It's not hard to see where the weak link is.

Ask a 8 year old what fortnite is. They love it.

The yanks are having problems with drone ops too.

Probably not ideal that the lads who waxed that Iranian chap the other day went home to their family at the end of shift.

Also factor in that arty chaps letting too often don't see the effects of their work in close up, high-definition FMV.

Identified in WWII : 'The morality of altitude'

I didn't, I looked at the kids coming through training. Did you?
You are the one who said their granddaughter needed counselling or some bollocks you are the one who said your daughter didn't like you letting your grandson do something "dangerous". Who the **** is bring up your grandkids? Would that be someone that you brought up? It's not hard to see where the weak link is.

Are you the sort of 'ero who believes bullying them 'toughens them up'?

Are you the sort of 'ero who believes bullying them 'toughens them up'?
Are you the sort of fanny that believes treating kids like they are snowflakes is correct?
Oh you are, thats why your grandkids are fuckwits.

Are you the sort of fanny that believes treating kids like they are snowflakes is correct?
Oh you are, thats why your grandkids are fuckwits.
Young people?
lead by example, show them trust, and they will repay you.

hopefully they don’t let you near impressionable young soldiers.

Young people?
lead by example, show them trust, and they will repay you.

hopefully they don’t let you near impressionable young soldiers.
By your own admittance your grandchildren are weak individuals, whose fault is that?

By your own admittance your grandchildren are weak individuals, whose fault is that?
as i pointed out, under a bit of encouragement and supervision, I was able to have him a Kango breaker and he really enjoyed breaking up a path. Not bad for a lad who’d never even hammered a nail into a bit if wood.

maybe that’s why you got stuck as a shouty Sergeant, you lack basic leadership skills?

as i pointed out, under a bit of encouragement and supervision, I was able to have him a Kango breaker and he really enjoyed breaking up a path. Not bad for a lad who’d never even hammered a nail into a bit if wood.

maybe that’s why you got stuck as a shouty Sergeant, you lack basic leadership skills?
Its a good thing granddad said something to him when he was 16 eh? Is that all they need, a five minute conversation?
Has your granddaughter manned up yet?

Once again whose fault was it they were in such a weak state in the first place? What took you 16 years to heroically cure him?

Its a good thing granddad said something to him when he was 16 eh? Is that all they need, a five minute conversation?
Has your granddaughter manned up yet?

Once again whose fault was it they were in such a weak state in the first place? What took you 16 years to heroically cure him?
so you couldn’t train a group of 16 year olds?

i think I’ve found the Army's problem.

so you couldn’t train a group of 16 year olds?

i think I’ve found the Army's problem.
Your five minutes chat with your Grandson cured him of a life time of being a weak twat did it?

Now whose fault is it that your grandkids are snowflakes?

Your five minutes chat with your Grandson cured him of a life time of being a weak twat did it?

Now whose fault is it that your grandkids are snowflakes?
I bet you shout like a frothing loon at any junior soldier not up to speed with an iron.

I bet you shout like a frothing loon at any junior soldier not up to speed with an iron.
Why are your family so dysfunctional?

Quite an interesting video. About five years old. It's easier to build strong children than repair broken adults.

I did a bit with CAL RMAS before heading out to civ div and ASLS in pirbright.

So you can rejoin up until 57, even those medically and dishonourably discharged?
What are they classing as a rejoin? Someone who did three years back in the 80s?

So you can rejoin up until 57, even those medically and dishonourably discharged?
What are they classing as a rejoin? Someone who did three years back in the 80s?
It's all on a case by case basis. Specifically against what we need.

I'd imagine anyone over five years out will be required to retrain at ph2. Anyone over 8 ph1.

they're guessed admittedly.

no-one who did a couple of years in 1985 is going to be waltzing into a role.

par avion

War Hero
So what does that make of my friends who encouraged their daughter to join the Army cadets at 14 and are now encouraging her to do her 'A's so she can join up as a REME Tech.
Mind you she's been taken all round Europe in a side car outfit so they must be truly evil.
Back in the day if you mentioned that one day girls would be able to join the cadets or junior leaders you would be laughed out of court. Although in the early eighties the WRAC had female junior leaders based at Guildford. She would have no hope in the 12 SS. It would be the Legue Of German Maidens for her. Mind you some of them could be nails !!! Think, that flaxin haired maiden in Downfall manning the 88 Flak gun in the anti-tank gun role in the middle of the middle of street in Berlin 1945, with the HJ lads determined to take out as many rapey Ivans in their T34 before dieing for their beloved furher.

There ya go
You certainly do. Despite offering more trade training and quals the RN are unable to attract a quarter of the applications the Army does, measured at the same or any point, and a third the number of recruits start training.

Those are the simple and only facts that show the comparative effectiveness of the two ad campaigns, which was the point you made (totally incorrectly) and what this thread is about. Both are effective in attracting interest and recruits, but the Army's has been considerably more effective in the last couple of years and far more effective recently.

Recruiting is only one of a number of factors affecting manning, which is the point you've now latched on to - the main factor being retention, which is a different but parallel issue.

The problem I (and others) have with the present ad campaign isn't that it's not attracting people (it is), both as applicants and recruits, but that it's targeting and attracting "the WRONG people"*.

Army ad campaigns used to consistently target "uneducated and deprived kids from sink council estates" who were ideal for the Army and whom the Army was ideal for. This campaign, though, ignores them completely and instead targets those who are totally unsuited to the Army and for whom the Army is totally unsuitable.

A disastrous short-term solution that suits only the bean-counters and those whose OJARs depend on it.

(*: as CAARPS put it, before he ceased to be a potential part of the solution and became a senior part of the problem)

Latest Threads