New Army recruitment campaign

I can't believe people are taking Joe Glenton seriously. A deserter who couldn't face another six months stacking boxes in a hot and dusty country...

His only tour was KAF FFS.

Lots of nonsense about 'blue January ' missing it is also the month of change. Named after the two faced Roman God Janus. With one eye on the past and one to the future.

if the armed forces are so good at 'preying' on vulnerable people why are we undermanned?

Why would a really shy person turn up at basic? Or those unsuited to military life get through to ph2?

simple fact,, PTSD is getting more recognised. Hence it's increase of cases. In reality I doubt we've got more people suffering just more people being diagnosed.
"People" aren't taking him seriously :)

Once this latest effort to meet manning targets fails the back-up plan, as previously implemented, will be:

Carry out a Defence Review.
Reduce the Army's manning liability (citing cyber warfare, future likely scenarios of light expeditionary ops, and improved effectiveness and efficiency) as the justification.
Exceed manning targets, and recruiting targets for a short period.
Implement a redundancy programme (releasing anybody of value, reducing certain capabilities below requirement, and diminishing the overall force capability)
Halt the redundancy programme as the realisation of the above sinks in.
Swiftly sink below the revised manning target.
Devise new recruting campaign.
Carry out a Defence Review.

if the armed forces are so good at 'preying' on vulnerable people why are we undermanned?
I think you misunderstand, after all the other cunning wheezes have been exhausted the Army is still undermanned, can not retain soldiers or attract recruits. The only choices left are the gullible and the vulnerable.
Why would a really shy person turn up at basic? Or those unsuited to military life get through to ph2?
See above

I think you misunderstand, after all the other cunning wheezes have been exhausted the Army is still undermanned, can not retain soldiers or attract recruits. The only choices left are the gullible and the vulnerable.

See above
I don't misunderstand mate.

This advert is aimed at the potential recruits who aren't as confident in their abilities as before or less familiar with the armed forces, and shows some of the distraction modern kids face.

it's a modern take on 'if you've got it we'll being it out'.

All of a sudden it's targeting the weak.

Utter drivel. Peddled by those who will never be happy with the armed forces and perpetuated by mouth breathers who don't have a clue.

I don't misunderstand mate.

This advert is aimed at the potential recruits who aren't as confident in their abilities as before or less familiar with the armed forces, and shows some of the distraction modern kids face.

it's a modern take on 'if you've got it we'll being it out'.

All of a sudden it's targeting the weak.

Utter drivel. Peddled by those who will never be happy with the armed forces and perpetuated by mouth breathers who don't have a clue.
As I said, you misunderstand, or more likely, choose not to understand. The Army and most especially the teeth arms have always targeted the underbelly of society.

Last edited:
God knows how all us uneducated and deprived kids from sink council estates managed to join in the early 80's. After all, it seems the Army only targeted rich educated kids from 'proper' schools and posh places.

How very dare they allow thousands of people like me the chance to better myself, get educated and provide the opportunity of social mobility for me, my wife and kids.

Shocking I tells ya ^~

Once this latest effort to meet manning targets fails the back-up plan, as previously implemented, will be:
It'll meet the manning targets for a while - the problem will be the state of the Army at that stage as half the recruits are the vulnerable, the weak and the unstable. I wouldn't want to be one of the other half.

God knows how all us uneducated and deprived kids from sink council estates managed to join in the early 80's. After all, it seems the Army only targeted rich educated kids from 'proper' schools and posh places.

How very dare they allow thousands of people like me the chance to better myself, get educated and provide the opportunity of social mobility for me, my wife and kids.

Shocking I tells ya ^~
Yup.

Kids have been using the forces as a way out of some sh*t pit or situations for years. Often making themselves better people in the process.

all of a sudden the woke throbbers have objected to this practice.

we never had this p*ssing and crying about the 'Frank' advert did we?

and it appears people don't grasp that the kids from council slums are the ones who are more likely to not be confident enough to achieve their potential. What with 'success' being hosed at them 24/7 via Social Media and the liberal agenda that keeps them as 'victims'.

isn't love island starting again? And celebs on ice?

Yup.

Kids have been using the forces as a way out of some sh*t pit or situations for years. Often making themselves better people in the process.

all of a sudden the woke throbbers have objected to this practice.

we never had this p*ssing and crying about the 'Frank' advert did we?

and it appears people don't grasp that the kids from council slums are the ones who are more likely to not be confident enough to achieve their potential. What with 'success' being hosed at them 24/7 via Social Media and the liberal agenda that keeps them as 'victims'.

isn't love island starting again? And celebs on ice?

We have also had (and are continuing) a “disengaged community” campaign, running alongside and using the same collateral as the digital campaign, for over 12 months now.

Basically getting back into assessed digitally deprived areas with an uplift of radio, newspaper advertising, letterbox leaflet drops and pop up shops amongst other things.

It’s almost as if there is a recognition of not one size fits all and we have to use different methods depending on the socioeconomic circumstances of the MTA

I will take some minor credit for pushing that particular initiative :)

I reckon you should give me an old soldier with a peg leg and a missing eye, a 13 year old drummer boy and a lovely sword with a loaf of bread and ribbons.

I'll trawl the market taverns for those who wish for a better life of daring do.

I'm not sure when that consultation was, but I doubt it makes anything "ok".

As the Media Brief clearly shows, Recruiting Group tasked the advertisers to make a series of ads targeting those with mental health issues when at their most vulnerable who (in RG's view) were the most likely to be the easiest to manipulate into joining the Army, ignoring or not caring about their also being the most likely to be traumatised by the experience and (in my view) the least likely to be reliable and useful soldiers.

Obviously there are going to be exceptions and some may turn their lives around and be outstanding, but exceptions are ... well ... exceptions.

Due apparently to the "success" of the ads recruiting doubled, so at least half those recruited for the last two years and the foreseeable future are not only likely to have mental health issues, suffer PTSD, etc but are less likely to be reliable and useful soldiers.

I don't see how that can be "ok".
The consultation didnt actually happen. Lifeboat21 said it did and then his story slowly unravelled.

Shocking I tells ya ^~
You are a scouser, the chance to clean the toilets at an Indian curry festival would have been an opportunity to better yourself.

The consultation didnt actually happen. Lifeboat21 said it did and then his story slowly unravelled.
Rather like his stories of the selection of suitable recruits in Phase 1 trg ..... and CAARPS ' stories of what he's previously said and what he actually said.

If you thought things were getting bad before you left, imagine what they'll be like for the others when the "me, me / class clowns / binge drinkers / drug chancers" the ads targeted, rather than the traditional "kids from sink council estates" make up half your tp. I wonder how long the other half will stay carrying them, then how long they'll stay when they're on their own .....

..... but at least the numbers are up, so who cares?

We have also had (and are continuing) a “disengaged community” campaign, running alongside and using the same collateral as the digital campaign, for over 12 months now.

Basically getting back into assessed digitally deprived areas with an uplift of radio, newspaper advertising, letterbox leaflet drops and pop up shops amongst other things.

It’s almost as if there is a recognition of not one size fits all and we have to use different methods depending on the socioeconomic circumstances of the MTA

I will take some minor credit for pushing that particular initiative :)
Is there any appetite to run longer basic training? With extra boys and mental resilienc,maybe even some leadership training?

I know that the yanks have extended army training and both the army and sync have added a ph 1.5 (2.5 for the army) training non GCC trades in expeditionary skills.

Is there any appetite to run longer basic training? With extra boys and mental resilienc,maybe even some leadership training?

I know that the yanks have extended army training and both the army and sync have added a ph 1.5 (2.5 for the army) training non GCC trades in expeditionary skills.
Not within my AOR I am afraid, but like everything, training needs are under constant review :)

One of the problems we will run in to shortly.

Potential recruits who aren't used to physical exercise, have never 'failed', and who have very little experience of discipline.

One of the problems we will run in to shortly.

Potential recruits who aren't used to physical exercise, have never 'failed', and who have very little experience of discipline.
If only there were some way of smoothing them into military life.

Perhaps we could spend 8 - 10 weeks getting them fit, helping them understand that they can overcome adversity, and as a bonus, they do it as part of a disciplined group.

If only...

If only there were some way of smoothing them into military life.

Perhaps we could spend 8 - 10 weeks getting them fit, helping them understand that they can overcome adversity, and as a bonus, they do it as part of a disciplined group.

If only...
I mean it's going to take a few weeks longer.

for example start fitness may be lower than had been previously accepted.

I mean it's going to take a few weeks longer.

for example start fitness may be lower than had been previously accepted.
Then perhaps we’d need some kind of heavily advised fitness “app”* who help them get there.

What’s that you say?

* I think that’s what the cool kids call it

Then perhaps we’d need some kind of heavily advised fitness “app”* who help them get there.

What’s that you say?

* I think that’s what the cool kids call it
You haven't spent much time with kids recently, have you?

Latest Threads