New Army recruitment campaign

Living overseas, but only when the conditions suite the army. We went to a non operational dusty place for 8 weeks, and the RAO tried claiming we weren't entitled to LOA.
Where? LSA but if it was cheaper than the home posting you would not be entitled to LOA
Are you confusing LSA AND LOA?

Sorry LSA? LOA? NEM?
Longer separation allowance. Use payable after 7 continuous days away from the home station, its accumulative and goes up in stages so the longer you serve (and deploy) the more money you will get. (Taxable)

Lieu of oversea allowance, money soldiers sometimes get if are abroad at it is deemed the cost of living is higher than the UK. Used to be different for nearly every rank, now I think there are just three bands. (Non taxable).

New Employment Model. Covers a wide range of things, see here for more details
New Employment Model

But basically it will allow bellend officers to look all trendy and modern by allowing the badmin cases to pick and choose their hours while everyone else picks up the slack

Living overseas, but only when the conditions suite the army. We went to a non operational dusty place for 8 weeks, and the RAO tried claiming we weren't entitled to LOA.
Oman?

When I was in Italy, the RAF RAO (or whatever they call them) cut our official daily food allowance from 50 to 30 euro because he felt it was costing to much money, I noticed the **** didnt cut any of his or the permanent staff allowances though.

Last edited:
Oman?

When I was in Italy, the RAF RAO (or whatever they call them) cut our official daily food allowance from 50 to 30 euro because he felt it was costing to much money, I noticed the **** didnt cut any of his or the permanent staff allowances though.
Close enough with the country.

Where? LSA but if it was cheaper than the home posting you would not be entitled to LOA
Are you confusing LSA AND LOA?
You still get LOA in Kenya and that's a very cheap country to live.

I guess the question is, how do you get a really representative view on why people leave, what they think would have made them stay and what the organisation can really do about it.

I've done leaving interviews before and I don't believe once that my views have ever been even escalated let alone taken into account when it comes to strategy.

I guess the question is, how do you get a really representative view on why people leave, what they think would have made them stay and what the organisation can really do about it.

I've done leaving interviews before and I don't believe once that my views have ever been even escalated let alone taken into account when it comes to strategy.
Do you think its ever reported as "The CO is a **** who forces us to pay into funds that we dont want to" or "I'm a 28 year old Cpl with several tours under my belt, having to stand to attention while some prick who has just left Sandhurst is looking in the cupboards of a room that I pay rent on"?

Or is it more likely translated as "Unsatisfied with service life?

Oman?

No he didn't. The rates are set by London not locally.

Do you think its ever reported as "The CO is a **** who forces us to pay into funds that we dont want to" or "I'm a 28 year old Cpl with several tours under my belt, having to stand to attention while some prick who has just left Sandhurst is looking in the cupboards of a room that I pay rent on"?

Or is it more likely translated as "Unsatisfied with service life?
Setting aside my own cynicism about these things again I'll pass on an opinion about the military per se but that's asking the wrong question about the wrong person. It should be properly analysed and then the conclusion plainly reported to someone who has the ability to make a change.

No he didn't. The rates are set by London not locally.
Yes he ******* did. We all know what the rates were supposed to be, the **** changed it just for us (On op united protector) everyone else who was visiting got full whack.
His top advice was, to eat the local pizza as it was cheaper than eating in our hotel.

Yes he ******* did. We all know what the rates were supposed to be, the **** changed it just for us (On op united protector) everyone else who was visiting got full whack.
His top advice was, to eat the local pizza as it was cheaper than eating in our hotel.
Stacker,
No Chief Clerk has the authority or mechanism to change rates. It is quite possible that a change of rates for certain categories of people changed whilst you were there, but they were not made-up by a SNCO in the Brit Sp Unit. My predecessor in the States got $40 a day more than I did, f**k all to do with the Embassy though.

Setting aside my own cynicism about these things again I'll pass on an opinion about the military per se but that's asking the wrong question about the wrong person. It should be properly analysed and then the conclusion plainly reported to someone who has the ability to make a change.
Only one change needed, more money. No one is going to sack a CO unless he/she really fucks it up. And no one signs off due to a room inspection.

Stacker,
No Chief Clerk has the authority or mechanism to change rates. It is quite possible that a change of rates for certain categories of people changed whilst you were there, but they were not made-up by a SNCO in the Brit Sp Unit. My predecessor in the States got $40 a day more than I did, f**k all to do with the Embassy though.
The **** might not have had the authority but he still did it.

Only one change needed, more money. No one is going to sack a CO unless he/she really fucks it up. And no one signs off due to a room inspection.
Quite correct, they do however sign off over an accumulation of petty bullshit such as room inspections.