New Army Recruiting Ad

Apparently one of the new Army Recruiting ads, and not a spoof.

Hard to tell on my mobile, but are the chap on the left's medals, left to right:

• EU Op Althea
  • Gold and diamond jubilee
  • ACSM2
  • UNAMIC ribbon with a QEII golden jubilee medal
If so, something seems a bit wrong there .....

are you trying to 'out' an actor in an advert?

The MoD probably paid a fair amount of money for the ad. Regardless of its effectiveness (and I've got some doubts whether two old boys sharing a saucer of pork scratchings is really the sort of 'belonging' most 20 year olds are worried about) I would have thought they could at least have taken the trouble to get some of the details correct.

(edit: and I was actually equally intrigued / amused by the combination of UNAMIC ribbon and QEII jubilee gong, if correct).

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
The MoD probably paid a fair amount of money for the ad. Regardless of its effectiveness (and I've got some doubts whether two old boys sharing a saucer of pork scratchings is really the sort of 'belonging' most 20 year olds are worried about) I would have thought they could at least have taken the trouble to get some of the details correct.

(edit: and I was actually equally intrigued / amused by the combination of UNAMIC ribbon and QEII jubilee gong, if correct).
Bored now.