New Army female RSM

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by hansvonhealing, Jan 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I pity that kid...
  2. [​IMG]

Shes certainly got the look :twisted:
  3. I notice that this is not in the NAAFI and that we are talking about a serving soldier. Congratulations RSM, that is one hell of an achievement that the majority of male soldiers never attain.
  4. fantastic! I am a bit biased, female, ex army. There are some unique individuals out there who can be as good as a bloke at the top. could name a damn good QA who could be set for the same role!!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I think the headline of the article is slightly mis-leading. My unit has a female RSM, the Cyprus Joint Police Unit has a female RSM - I'm sure that there are hundreds of others, but that does not take anything away from the lady - 1st female RSM of an ITC. Maybe she will move onto Sandhurst next.

6. Wrong!!!!! Jill Cross RLC MTI was an RSM at 3 CS Regt and she is a female,... facts.. people...facts
  7. Some comments deleted.

She is a serving soldier who has done well to get to that position. It's not the Naafi bar, and some of those comments were out of order on this forum.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice one PTP, I wonder if they'd have had the b*lls to make those comments to her face? Somehow, I doubt it...
  9. Wrong! The article says "but RSM Burdus, 39, is the first (Femail RSM) in its Initial Training Group", not the first in the entire Army. Sorry! To paraphrase the media "why let the truth get in the way of a good thread"!

W/RSM Burdus has been beaten to first spot by the RLC and maybe even the RLC TA where 166 Regt RLC(V) had a femail RSM 6 years ago!
  10. Good on her, she was my Troop Sgt in Basic at Arborfield. Top bird. Hard as nails
  11. Title of article
    it has not stated anywhere she is the 1st Female RSM...congratulations to her, also glad to see she is from my old Corps as well :wink:
  12. The first female RSM i served with was 8 years ago at 208 Fld Hospital, Liverpool, and gave a good accout of herself, scary when needed to be, she came from the Trolly Dolly (CEG).
  13. Female RSMs at Chicksands when I was there as well.....

Sailors at Army units - whatever next ;-))
  14. I had a female RSM during my trade training in 1999 I believe she was amongst the first if not the first

However RSM Burdus used to be my SSM and I knew her husband when he was a staffy an absolutely brilliant couple well done to her on her new post