New Armour for Warrior

Jock_commando said:
I bet i will save lives, but then the big one here is maint side of it and also the weight could cause i problem.
I can't see the weight being a problem for Warrior, and if it's anything like the old wrap armour, the maintenance is very little.

Forastero

LE
Jock_commando said:
I bet i will save lives, but then the big one here is maint side of it and also the weight could cause i problem.
Do you think possibly, maybe, that those issues might have been considered before introducing it? :roll:

untallguy

Old-Salt
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Forastero said:
Jock_commando said:
Do you think possibly, maybe, that those issues might have been considered before introducing it? :roll:
No, I don't. Equipment of this nature, especially UORs, is often procured without this being fully thought through.

Does the new armour cover the underside.? As I think the issue with the warrior that "parked" on an ied killing 4 inside was that it got penetrated through the underside armour

TheBigUn said:
Wrap 2 armour has/is been fitted to Warriors in Iraq further enhancing their IED surviveability.

In view of recent coroners comments the introduction of this new armour is timely.

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/EquipmentAndLogistics/WarriorVehiclesInNewArmourBoost.htm
Lets pray that the Wrap 2 armour does what it says it does , Even if it looks like a Gucci fashion item the survivability of our troops is paramount .
Lets hope our government have these wrap 2 armour fitted straight away .

Forastero said:
Jock_commando said:
You mean like they did with:

The ever too heavy Osprey
The Tornado that can't fly high
The Snatch that rolls
The radio's that don't work
The uniform not fit for purpose
The boots that were sh1t

The list of ill thought out wastes of money can go on and on!

Bad_Crow said:
Forastero said:
Jock_commando said:

Osprey was a godsend when it replaced that 'kestrel' boll.cks. Now that was an example of something being introduced to cover arrses without any use-orientated thought at all.

Yeah the osprey was i nightmare when i was in iraq 2005-2006 we got it wore it for a two days it just about broke our backs with the weight and the next day they took it back of us. The same with warrior and anything else they have its all trailed on op's then you never see it again.

Jock_commando said:
Yeah the osprey was i nightmare when i was in iraq 2005-2006 we got it wore it for a two days it just about broke our backs with the weight and the next day they took it back of us. The same with warrior and anything else they have its all trailed on op's then you never see it again.
Funny that because Osprey is still going strong and has replaced ECBA (As much as they like to blag us that its an "Additional" option)

Durham_Productions said:
Bad_Crow said:
Forastero said:
Jock_commando said:

Osprey was a godsend when it replaced that 'kestrel' boll.cks. Now that was an example of something being introduced to cover arrses without any use-orientated thought at all.
Oh and you will note that Kestrel is still being used. You're on about the Elvis Kit!

Well we had it when it first came out and at that point it need alot of adjustments so hence we only had it a few days. It seems to be working well in Alfgan no problems so i believe.

The fastening system rips. Its too heavy. Too bulky. If you use the issue pouches they fall off. Don't replace webbing. You can't climb over a wall un-assisted as they get in the way. Its not flexible at all. Its too heavy.

Nah its fine.

Anyways back on thread I'm glad that they're looking into upgrading warrior as its a good vehicle. Rather than selotaping Armour onto a 432 and giving it a new name!

The up armour of the belly of warrior has been going on for ages before this inquest , so no knee jerk reaction there , only problem with it is that ALL torsion bars have to be reset due to the massive weight increase.All they can do to protect the lads from an unfightable and cowardly enemy the ied the better!

Fifth_Columnist said:
How about not discussing vulnerabilities and upgraded capabilities on this open forum.
It makes no diffrence i think? Everybody knows about what the british army have. Its been all over the news on a daily basis.