New Armour for Warrior

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by TheBigUn, Feb 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wicked!

2. The existing armour was good, so it's very encouraging to see it upgraded now, rather than as a knee jerk reaction to pressure.

3. I bet i will save lives, but then the big one here is maint side of it and also the weight could cause i problem.

4. I can't see the weight being a problem for Warrior, and if it's anything like the old wrap armour, the maintenance is very little.

5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Do you think possibly, maybe, that those issues might have been considered before introducing it? :roll:

6. untallguy

untallguy Old-Salt Reviewer Book Reviewer

No, I don't. Equipment of this nature, especially UORs, is often procured without this being fully thought through.

7. Does the new armour cover the underside.? As I think the issue with the warrior that "parked" on an ied killing 4 inside was that it got penetrated through the underside armour

8. Lets pray that the Wrap 2 armour does what it says it does , Even if it looks like a Gucci fashion item the survivability of our troops is paramount .
    Lets hope our government have these wrap 2 armour fitted straight away .

9. You mean like they did with:

The ever too heavy Osprey
    The Tornado that can't fly high
    The Snatch that rolls
    The radio's that don't work
    The uniform not fit for purpose
    The boots that were sh1t

The list of ill thought out wastes of money can go on and on!

10. Bearing in mind this is the British army.

11. Osprey was a godsend when it replaced that 'kestrel' boll.cks. Now that was an example of something being introduced to cover arrses without any use-orientated thought at all.

12. Yeah the osprey was i nightmare when i was in iraq 2005-2006 we got it wore it for a two days it just about broke our backs with the weight and the next day they took it back of us. The same with warrior and anything else they have its all trailed on op's then you never see it again.

13. Funny that because Osprey is still going strong and has replaced ECBA (As much as they like to blag us that its an "Additional" option)

14. Oh and you will note that Kestrel is still being used. You're on about the Elvis Kit!