New Armed Forces Pension Scheme

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by FNUSNU, Jul 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. Where can those of us not on DII see a copy please?
  2. Two points:

Currently 1/37th for all

"should be" doesn't mean "won't be".
  3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Do you want it with or with lube?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Is that all the choice there is?
  5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Yep, yer fecked either way, but with lube I reckon it won't hurt quite so much.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I thought it was 1/70th for AFPS 05

Although comparing final salary accrual with career average accrual rates is fraught with difficulties
  7. Correct - on both counts.
  8. I'm on that 75 thing mate; kicks in in a few years, sooner if the medics make a balls-up of my rebuild, I've been checking recently. Not really entitled to an opinion here therefore, but it does rattle me to see the up and coming getting pumped at a time when their task is becoming more and more onerous.
  9. Daily Telegraph: "In an example given by the Forces Penesion Society, a lieutenant colonel who retires at 55 today will receive an immediate pensíon income of about £38,000 a year. But under the new scheme he would expect to receive less than £18,000 from the ages of 55 to J[he new state pension age of 67, when he would qualify for the £38,000 pension. This equates to more than £240,000 in lost salary."

BBC: "The Forces Pensions Society (FPS) said the forthcoming changes were a "very good deal" and "certainly not all bad news". "The MoD has done a very good job - under the consultation this is a very good job," Mr Marsh said."

I'm glad I invested £35 in the FPS because I had never before realised how losing £240,000 was a "very good deal" from people doing "a very good job".

With the FPS speaking for us, the public must think that we are mentally retarded. Who needs enemies?
  10. What the government have done as far as i see it, it the similar if you contracted out of pension, they will no longer contribute to the pension but "save" it for SERPS or whatever it will/is called now. so even though the wages were supposed to reflect in part the non-contributory pension, they have taken twice from us by keeping below par wages and reducing the pension.
  11. good to see that they listened to our concerns
  12. Thank f@%k I am out in 10 months. Just feel sorry for those remaining after 2015.