New app

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by KleenUpGuy, Aug 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Using the app for couple of minutes, prefer old one so far but posting with it now:
    When on the notification menu at the top the word notifications and home overlap, also I cannot see what post was liked.
    Also in forum menu the arrow to expand to see the subforums is tiny and seems to be out of line slightly, I don't have chunky fingers but struggle, you seem to need to click below the arrow to use it.
    I have screenshots but am unclear how to add them.
    Also just realised the text menu on the lower right of the screen above the keyboard covers the text and makes it difficult to select text on your final line for the final few words."
    I ended up posting in the old app as after it asked me to select where I wanted to post it, I was not able to select and then when I backed out as clicked done it has just continued loading.
    ImageUploadedByARRSE1344293757.647941.jpg ImageUploadedByARRSE1344293766.712574.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using ARRSE so excuse random "spellchecking"
  2. You could have put this in the thread for the new app that bad co created the other day.

You will also find lots of other things mentioned about it.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I will probably pull the new app off itunes. The new version of the old Tapatalk-based iphone app is far superior and I'm waiting for that. The only downside is no access to the Reviews, but I think that is a smaller proce to pay that the shortcomings of the VBulletin iphone app you're discussing above. I have asked for help on the fact that the subsforums are folded up - your 2nd screenshot, but no reply yet. That is my biggest complaint and its' not helped by the tiny button you need to hit to unfold them.
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I've removed the app for the time being. I am to get an improved version of the original app online asap. thanks again for the detailed feedback