New anti-bullying helpline to clamp down on poor behaviour in the military

A new helpline providing support for service personnel experiencing or witnessing bullying, harassment or discrimination has been set up by the Ministry of Defence to clamp down on instances of unacceptable behaviour in the …

Continue reading...

Chef

LE
Excellent, those boxes don't tick themselves. I take it that previous efforts have been epic fails.

This is going to work out well - I'll get a seat and some popcorn to see how this pans out! I can see some recruits crying and complaining they are being bullied because a beastly corporal bossed them about and told them to turn their mobile phone off!

If someone can't handle some criticism and think they are being bullied - what are they going to do when they need to kill someone in a war? start crying and complain that the nasty enemy is not playing by their rules ...boo hoo.

I wonder what scale the calls will be around the time of mid year appraisals and SJARS.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
What a complete waste of time and effort, just to be seen to be "doing something". So the respective "authorities" get in touch with the CO, who informs the Razza, who informs the Coy Sgt. who then severely grips the squaddie who complained in the first place. Sounds absolutely perfect!

Is that gonna solve what appears to be a very grave problem? I highly doubt it! The solution should lie in rooting out why this or that squaddie feels the need to bully a comrade in the first place. It's about making recruits aware of why and how they actually tick. And who knows? It might even make them better soldiers.

MsG

What a complete waste of time and effort, just to be seen to be "doing something". So the respective "authorities" get in touch with the CO, who informs the Razza, who informs the Coy Sgt. who then severely grips the squaddie who complained in the first place. Sounds absolutely perfect!

Is that gonna solve what appears to be a very grave problem? I highly doubt it! The solution should lie in rooting out why this or that squaddie feels the need to bully a comrade in the first place. It's about making recruits aware of why and how they actually tick. And who knows? It might even make them better soldiers.

MsG
What’s a ‘coy Sgt’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken M

Clanker
I wonder if the Russian, Chinese or North Korean armies are so mindful of their current crop of fragile-minded millenials and snowflakes, or do they have more cojones than our lot? Stand by for a flood of vexatious complaints from the usual inadequates, the 'put upon', and those who are fundamentally unsuited to Service life - and always were.

What’s a ‘coy Sgt’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's all those years of expertise on the front line, right there.

Also, I served for 25 years and never referred to soldiers as "Squadies".

That is the term used by civvies and lazy journalists. Any member of my family referred to me as a squadie, I would correct therm until they took the hint.

That's all those years of expertise on the front line, right there.

Also, I served for 25 years and never referred to soldiers as "Squadies".

That is the term used by civvies and lazy journalists. Any member of my family referred to me as a squadie, I would correct therm until they took the hint.
What did you call them? We generally used pongoes.

Latest Threads