New ALDI advert

Anyone seen the new ALDI ad? It appears that they have come up with a set of characters that represent family groups. Not sure whether they are supposed to be representative of their actual or targeted demographic but I counted three white faces in amongst about 20 in total. All 3 of those are in mixed race couples, and one of these couples is same sex. Now, I'm not making any kind of judgement on the racial or sexual orientation makeup of the ad, but it struck me that they were applying the inclusivity message with all the finesse of a sledgehammer. Does this make me an evil racist/homophobe? Thoughts?

Anyone seen the new ALDI ad? It appears that they have come up with a set of characters that represent family groups. Not sure whether they are supposed to be representative of their actual or targeted demographic but I counted three white faces in amongst about 20 in total. All 3 of those are in mixed race couples, and one of these couples is same sex. Now, I'm not making any kind of judgement on the racial or sexual orientation makeup of the ad, but it struck me that they were applying the inclusivity message with all the finesse of a sledgehammer. Does this make me an evil racist/homophobe? Thoughts?
Snowflakes need not apply?

i noticed this too.
I thought I had woke up in my last job , watching local Nigeria TV.

I must go and get a black family.

Which ad?
AldiUK

Yes, the PC multi-culti unrepresentative Ads do anger me.

Now "sex stereotypes" ads banned too - Hands that do dishes...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Well they are German and are still trying to come to terms with there appalling behaviour during the war.

You’ve clearly not been to an Aldi recently; I’d say that’s a fair representation of their client base. Plus loads of Eastern Europeans and me (and I’m a migrant, too) because I’m a cheapskate who is now on a reduced income and still paying school fees.

I think the big question is: Why do you care?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I think the big question is: Why do you care?
I’ve heard they have planning permission to build a new store right opposite the OP’s house and he’s afraid that the clientele will effect property prices.

Of course you aren't...

;-)

Of course you aren't...

;-)
I bloody well will. Straight, white meat eating, just want to get on with life people are seriously under represented in advertising, because it doesn't fit with the deviant agenda of the weirdos who are hell-bent on pigeon-holing everyone as some kind of minority these days.

Nah; fuck off with your trendy-bendy shit & let everyone just get on with being themselves.

I bloody well will. Straight, white meat eating, just want to get on with life people are seriously under represented in advertising, because it doesn't fit with the deviant agenda of the weirdos who are hell-bent on pigeon-holing everyone as some kind of minority these days.

Nah; fuck off with your trendy-bendy shit & let everyone just get on with being themselves.
You must go through tremendous mental turmoil at Aldi when you go in to purchase protein.

Pictures of big black men and supine Asian women flash through your mind while you try and hang on to the fact that you're a straight white man who eats meat and isn't a deviant whose pigeon hole is inviolate.

The rest of us just pop in to buy a couple of pork chops ;-)

You must go through tremendous mental turmoil at Aldi when you go in to purchase protein.

Pictures of big black men and supine Asian women flash through your mind while you try and hang on to the fact that you're a straight white man who eats meat and isn't a deviant whose pigeon hole is inviolate.

The rest of us just pop in to buy a couple of pork chops ;-)
Nope.

I just think the adverts are "progressive" shite.

If you want to fantasize about big black men whilst buying you weekly meat, then that's fine by me - just don't spill your gravy. :wink:

Haven't seen the ad but when I foolishly checked out the one near the Greenwich Peninsula it looked like a shit Dr Who episode where the contents of every 3rd world refugee camp had been transported to the same unappealing tat bazzar, with queues that made Ethiopians behind a Hercy drop look like Waitrose. So if anything the adverts probably a bit Anglo-centric, down here at least.

The advertisers want to include every group they can so that the ads appeal to everyone, in the process they are creating a totally false image of the UK population, the people that find this concerning are not the ones at fault the advertisers are at fault.

People who claim it is racist to worry about it would go mental if there were ads for holidays to Kenya with only a minority of black people in them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Offshore_Harry Gaming and Software 5
Old Stab Cookery 77
brettarider Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets 24