New Airbnb RCB AOSB Warminster Road Westbury

If you can guarantee a Cat1 with each stay, you will be inundated! Good luck. Halloumikid
I know a few that have stayed their and received Cat 1's. Myself and another guy from my briefing completed Main Board last week both passed and both stayed here prior to AOSB.

I know a few that have stayed their and received Cat 1's. Myself and another guy from my briefing completed Main Board last week both passed and both stayed here prior to AOSB.
As a recently retired old and bold, all the very best in your future career, whichever way the road takes you.

[Thread Drift]
The TA was renamed the Army Reserve over 6 years ago which included sign changes, IIRC some recent feedback at Andover was that many locals still use "TA centre" rather than "AR Centre" ie. for when giving directions
I vaguely claim that myself and a Major coined the term Army Reserve Centre.
As the new boy arriving in Infra as an SO2 civilian when A2020 and AR20 were published, I was handed a high proportion of the list to produce Statements if Need, whereas others had to do them alongside their normal day job.
When it came to the reserves I noticed that we shouldn’t request TA Centres when the TA no longer existed. With a few seconds of chat we established that there wasn’t an official term so came up with the obvious term of ARC / Army Reserve Centre, and set off to produce SoN after SoN specifying ARCs.
The fact that the entire Army Reserves, regulars and DIO probably all came to the same conclusion is irrelevant

As the new boy arriving in Infra as an SO2 civilian when A2020 and AR20 were published, I was handed a high proportion of the list to produce Statements if Need, whereas others had to do them alongside their normal day job.
When it came to the reserves I noticed that we shouldn’t request TA Centres when the TA no longer existed. With a few seconds of chat we established that there wasn’t an official term so came up with the obvious term of ARC / Army Reserve Centre, and set off to produce SoN after SoN specifying ARCs.
The fact that the entire Army Reserves, regulars and DIO probably all came to the same conclusion is irrelevant
To find the real value of what you did, do you know if the Major claimed the "re-classification of critical regular army support structures" for his OJAR billy-bonus?

As a recently retired old and bold, all the very best in your future career, whichever way the road takes you.
Thankyou very much! My father is ex military and had a highly successful career so I have some big boots to fill. I am hoping for a career in the Royal Engineers as my preferred choice but am open to other options. All will be decided upon attending Sandhurst.

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
I was told it was the REME Colonels Conference where it was coined in the presence of Brigadier Boswell, a fine & trusted man who had a sense of humour, so it was his idea!.

halloumikid

Old-Salt
Some wag nearly got away with calling the TA LEOC at RMAS, the "Army Reserve Soldier Conversion Officer Course" or AResSCOC. We'd have got away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky kids!

Halloumikid

I can vouch for this accommodation. I have stayed there prior to my AOSB Briefing and Main Board. Great location, friendly hosts and very knowledgeable of the local area. Hayley will even collect you from the station to save the 25 min walk with all your luggage. I highly recommend anyone looking for local accommodation to stay here.
Thank you Sam, we have really enjoyed being your hosts. Thank you for staying with us and for the lovely review you left for us on Airbnb really very much appreciated

So pleased to hear the news of you both passing your Main board, thank you for another great stay & review. We both wish you every success. Hayley & Steve

We have received some more great news today. Leighton House was under threat of being closed down & sold off for residential dwellings within the next 8-10 years, but a local MP says this will not be happening, great news all round!

Latest Threads