New A-10 Upgrade Program?

Ski - no, there isn't.

JSF has always been cited as the replacement for the A-10, as well as the replacement for the F-16/ 'legacy model' F/A-18/ Harrier.

USAF types I've met suggest that effective replacement for the A-10 is a new A-10 (perhaps with better engines and, if possible, a little more speed).

GhostRecon said:
The A-10 is a beast I dunno why they would ever want to get rid of it
Because some Congressional district is not making any money off of making it?

Archimedes said:
Ski - no, there isn't.

JSF has always been cited as the replacement for the A-10, as well as the replacement for the F-16/ 'legacy model' F/A-18/ Harrier.

USAF types I've met suggest that effective replacement for the A-10 is a new A-10 (perhaps with better engines and, if possible, a little more speed).
I wonder if the 'Ground Pounders' responce would be the same? Particulary those, that have has their arrse saved by these aircraft doing ground support for them? :roll:

GhostRecon said:
Nor do I! One of the few designed for the mission! :wink:

armchair_jihad said:
GhostRecon said:
Because some Congressional district is not making any money off of making it?
-The Original factory (Republic)went out of business Twenty years ago here on Long Island(Farmingdale). It now a Mall, Main reason the USAF has always wanted to rid itself of the A-10 is it isnt "Sexy" like an F-16/F-15.

If the USAF doesnt want them anymore, give them to the USMC, USA for CAS, I'm sure those branches would be quite happy to recieve them. Maybe "Lend-Lease" some to the RAF as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bad CO ARRSE: Site Issues 46
skid2 Mobile Phones 22
S The Intelligence Cell 2