New 5.56 ammunition?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by studentfeckwit, Mar 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there a new 5.56 ammo supplier around? We used some stuff on the weekend that was stamped T instead of RG and had silver primers. Didn't seem too good compared to the normal BAE ammunition. (did I just say that??)
  2. There is various stuff floating around. I believe it should be for use at training only though.
  3. I'm not 100%, but I think that the T headstamp denotes it as being manufactured by RUAG of Switzerland.
  4. its yank i think , did it come in plastic clips ? and the bullets themselves dont have grooves , then its the cr@p yank stuff we have just been lumbered with!
  5. Why is it crap? Are you having problem with it?
  6. Waaaaaaahhhhh
  7. Bore off you prick!
  8. hahahhaaaa did you leave your sense of humour at home?
  9. “T” head stamp in a slightly curved light gray plastic clip is definitely RUAG Thun. Assuming it is the same stuff that is issued to the Swiss, it should be much more accurate than RG.

Is it this stuff?
  10. No. You add nothing to the thread with that bollocks. Find other ways of getting your post count up.
  11. Why do you think that? Is it based on the assumption of Swiss accuracy?
  12. Yeah, I'm really concerned about my post count...........
  13. Good. You should really be concerned about your reputation - Which is currently Chav and heading towards Mong.
  14. Like I give a fuck about my reputation on a forum, let alone what you think

Anyway back on topic hey (feel free to continue bitching via pm)
  15. Come on now Slim Jim, we all like a good Waaah the same as the next man, but just because some one asks a question doesn't mean it is one... Even if it seems bone. Dingerr is an ATO and know his ammunition stuff. Thus he took exception to your Waaah, as it appears that he just wanted to give some advice. Might have been a bit boring but so what? You've got the Corps crest as your avatar, try to not make the Medics look like a bunch of children.

T C