NEW 432 in Iraq

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by old_bloke, Nov 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now I am spotter and I like bit of a history re guns and tanks and things. But I keep on seeing and even posting crap about how other folk seem to know what's good in a specific type of Combat area (as they have been there before the UK got to the sandy places).

Now I see the NEW 432 in Iraq .

well aint that just like a Zelda -2 from Oh about 12 years ago. Ok with a few EOD bits on...

Why does the MOD fucck about with stupid ideas when you can buy , borrow or copy this stuff in weeks.

Grips my Shitt to see the Americans getting the Souf African based but re named Cougar a year or so ago.

Now the UK after fitting huge blast plates (OK stand off for EFP is a very good thing )but how long to fit them and test them and trial them and select them and decide what colour and then buy ,what ? 110 or 100 of them to send out soon.Or soonish or in a few months.

As the SNATCH is better as it can move about faster or whatever the latest spin is.

Just hope the MOD bods thought about the floor.
  2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

That VRN looks familiar.
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Yeh - first seen in the 60's. Damn thing still looks older than me even with the new makeup job :D
  4. Is the new makeup working for you?

Are you sure it really is a 'new 432' - I thought it was called FRES (or should I say RES as it is no longer 'future').
  5. A little puzzle - does anyone else know when and why the M113 was on the UET of any British Army unit ?
  6. Not M113 as an APC, but Tracked Rapier was built on an M113 chassis, and it used the M113 supply vehicle varient as missile carrier. Lance missile was also carried in an M113 varient.
  7. 113's (as APCs) were evaluated, not sure if they got beyond FVRDE though.

Isn't that spanky 432 the chap they're calling "Bulldog"?
  8. The new 432 is called bulldog and has a completely reworked engine, suspension, final drive and a few other bits and pieces. Not to mention the extra armour and ECM gubbins. Apparently it's pretty nippy now.
  9. Answer.

When 4 CMBG (Canadian Mechanised Battle Group) withdrew from 4 Div ORBAT in 1972, they offloaded several of their M113's to nearby Brit units in Lippstadt and elsewhere.
  10. so what happened to the Gucci new turret used as a sweetner?

Attached Files:

11. it looks pretty sleek - but where is the NBC pack?
  12. Possibly something to do with some missing WMDs :oops:

Is that my coat but I'm not....oooh :)
  13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I like the metal bars on the corners and skirts to strap the dead terrs to for identification.
  14. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Sound to me like Trigger's broom (Only Fools and Horses):

I've used the same broom for 15 years. It's had twelve new heads and seven new handles, but it's still the same old broom." (Or words to that effect.)