Never volunteer for...?

I am surprised that no-one has asked this question before. A quick search revealed 3 threads - one of which finished up like this....

The Latin for "Never Volunteer...."

So, the question is "For what should a soldier never volunteer...?

My two choices are:

1. ...the Guardroom.
2. ...the Cold and Flu Research Dept at Porton Down (it was always advertised on Pt 1s when I were a lad - and, for some strange reason, I never felt tempted).

Over to you...

Litotes

Anything if the 'requester' is smirking.

When the requester says "There's nothing sinister in this" :evil:

Does anybody here have a motorbike license? :)

NEVER volunteer for anything!

It usually isn't what it says on the tin :evil:

Litotes said:
2. ...the Cold and Flu Research Dept at Porton Down (it was always advertised on Pt 1s when I were a lad - and, for some strange reason, I never felt tempted).
Sod that, the battle run was bad enough. It killed any chance of a blocked node for the next month!

As for volontolding:

1. Unit Adventure Trg Offr, the admin is a nightmare.

2. "Oh that's OK I'll do your Orderly Officer over Christmas, and you can do my summer bit" --------WRONG!

Can't do Latin is Arabic ok
أبدا تطوّعت ل أيّ شيء

a mate of mine on our trade course volunteered to pack an Sgt's car with his bags (carrying them from the Sgts mess to the carpark next to the mass of caravans at Blandford... many of you will know this distance...) who was 'very busy and needed to leave by 4pm' undet the provision that said Sgt would buy them a coupla beers in the bar that evening.

out by 4pm.... beers this evening...

can't believe the mong fell for it. muppet.

so yes, lesson being, enever volunteer, even if there is a reward offered.

join the AGC mate! its loads of fun!

From a nice old ww2 vintage sqn leader (vrt)
"Can any of you chaps play the piano"
"Erm a bit sir" said a tremulous young polar69
"Good, here's some money, get the beers in"

Funny lot the Raf.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
[2. ...the Cold and Flu Research Dept at Porton Down (it was always advertised on Pt 1s when I were a lad - and, for some strange reason, I never felt tempted).

Over to you...

Litotes[/quote]

Bugger! I did. We were paid 5 shillings a day extra. (it was a lot of money then).
Miserable and grim. And if I had known then what I know now, I wouldn't be hunchbacked, have green skin and warts the size of Wales on my nose. And as for below the waist..........I really won't sicken you.

vampireuk said:
Does anybody here have a motorbike license? :)
Barstewards, got me once with that :x

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
zubrzycki said:
join the AGC mate! its loads of fun!
Bit early to be on the piss isn't it!!