Never seems to get old....strangely.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by samain11, Jul 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. exeter 110.jpg Took No4 up North to Exeter yesterday for an ACF parade at Exeter Cathedral, and was confronted with this outrage in the City Centre (its Sir Redvers Buller).

2. Suits him. Meanwhile, down in Carrrnwaaall;

3782666382_192c5f2d02_z.jpg

3. No idea who he is but he looks fucking shit faced anyway.

4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  5. That's the badger. A legend with the old boiler.

6. The family of Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot may disagree with you.

7. Meanwhile, Glaswegians like to go for the double.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  8. Bad place for a statue really, opposite Exeter College and on the arterial between the city and the University Halls of Duryard, the Virgin Megastore of St Thomas and the far superior and jolly nice Mardon Hall up on the hill.

9. The statue of Sir Robert Peel at Hyde Park Leeds was regularly adorned with traffic cones.

Hardly surprising as it`s next door to Leeds Uni.

Now it`s used mainly as an epitaph for the late John Peel.

John Peel.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

picky! he's french and he doesn't count!

Ok let me correct myself. Richard Trevithick the man who invented the HIGH PRESSURE steam engine and built the first full scale working steam driven loco and ran the first locomotive driven train on a tram way in 1804 at Penydarren.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Don't forget the first successful working steam-powered road-going vehicle;

• Like Like x 1
  12. Why do I feel a lecture on Deltics is now imminent?

• Like Like x 1
  13. It may be about time - to placate the old buffers such as myself - that we re-instate all the pointy-tipped railings that were presumably removed to feed the munitions industry during the last (major) unpleasantness . . .

“Win - win” really.

Some work for what remains of our steel industry. Some honest toil for those remaining blacksmiths. And, a reminder to all those Friday night piss-artist students of who they should respect, and aim to emulate :)

Oh, and H&S can shut-the-fuck-up! Anyone found suspended on said railings on a Saturday morning, can be put down to the steep learning curve of the Darwinian Theory :nod:

• Like Like x 6
  14. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I have searched manfully but cannot find a picture of a Deltic with a cone on it.

• Like Like x 2