Never mind obscure TV shows.

We never had a telly (Sniff)
But we had Radio Fun, Film Fun, Dandy, Beano, and THEN! The EAGLE. In colour, shiny paper, Dan Dare, Harris Tweed, Cap'n Pugwash and the Black Pig.
Perhaps this should have gone in the Old and Bold, or even older.
Anyone old enough to remember them?
Ooh arr, the Eagle centrefold was exploded drawings of warships, planes, tanks and stuff. No rubbishy girlies, thank you very much.

We weren't allowed the Eagle precisely because it had shiny paper. Only the papers you could hang on a nail in the outhouse for use as bog rolls were acceptable. It was my job to take the staples out of the Beano before hanging it up.

Look and Learn, anone? Three Men in a Boat (Not forgetting the Dog) was serialised in it.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
What about Thuderbirds and the Clangers

I remember them all - though I'm sure some were repeats **cough** when I saw them...

Mr Benn was a favourite of mine too, that Tailor pal of his had some outfits in his back shop for sure.

Think I saw all the shows mentioned above as well. Look and Learn came through the letter box as did The Children's Newspaper. I got a letter published in it once, on flower pressing or somesuch. Thought it would make me attractive to the girls in my class - fukking wrong on that one as well!

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I remember The Dandy & The Beano comics. Wasn't there a war comic called Battle or something like that (in the mid 70s) that had Sgt. Dawson in it?

Battle and Warlord, not to mention Victor. Damn I said not to mention Victor!

Yes. Captain Blue was just a bit too Californian and perfect to be credible as a macho side-kick. Meanwhile with all of the captains jetting around getting mysteronized or narrowly avoiding it, the ugly, five-o-clock shadowed, REMF, Lieutenant Green was back at cloud-base working his way through the Angels.