Never mind obscure TV shows.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cent05zr70, Aug 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We never had a telly (Sniff)
    But we had Radio Fun, Film Fun, Dandy, Beano, and THEN! The EAGLE. In colour, shiny paper, Dan Dare, Harris Tweed, Cap'n Pugwash and the Black Pig.
    Perhaps this should have gone in the Old and Bold, or even older.
    Anyone old enough to remember them?
    Ooh arr, the Eagle centrefold was exploded drawings of warships, planes, tanks and stuff. No rubbishy girlies, thank you very much.

2. We weren't allowed the Eagle precisely because it had shiny paper. Only the papers you could hang on a nail in the outhouse for use as bog rolls were acceptable. It was my job to take the staples out of the Beano before hanging it up.

3. Look and Learn, anone? Three Men in a Boat (Not forgetting the Dog) was serialised in it.

4. I must be getting old i remember all of the above.
    anyone remember Fireball XL5 or is that going to far back. :)

5. I see your Fireball XL5 and raise ;-) STINGRAY

6. [​IMG]

Great old show. Must be mega old as I can barely remember it.

7. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Great show that SD, available online too aka G-Force

8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

pfft....not as good as Captain Scarlet. he was nails.

9. What about Thuderbirds and the Clangers

10. Not forgetting the Trigan Empire.

High Space Opera.

11. I remember them all - though I'm sure some were repeats **cough** when I saw them...

Mr Benn was a favourite of mine too, that Tailor pal of his had some outfits in his back shop for sure.

12. Think I saw all the shows mentioned above as well. Look and Learn came through the letter box as did The Children's Newspaper. I got a letter published in it once, on flower pressing or somesuch. Thought it would make me attractive to the girls in my class - fukking wrong on that one as well!

13. I wonder if Sparky will ever see a revival.

[​IMG]

...maybe not.

14. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

why not? ;)

15. Obvious really. When was the last time you saw a copper chasing a kid for playing football in the street?