Never mind hot desking - share your Head office

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Goatman, Jan 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Back in the day, I used to think the lunatics had taken over the asylum......they were just getting revved up...

I do wonder if anyone from Cabinet Office has ever actually been inside MB....
  2. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Well the seventh floor is empty and the eighth is virtually empty.
  3. Just get them to work from home...
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

They don't security check small children.
  5. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Got to love this mentality. Disposing of one building and moving one department into an under-utilised building is mysteriously more expensive than maintaining two separate buildings.

Please, please don't cut down on the size of my empire...

Sadly £350 million is a drop in the ocean compared to the amount of general waste in government. But at least efforts are being made to reduce the insanity.

6. I left the place in Aug 2008, but I don't recall much in the way of exercises and training taking place in MB.
  7. MOD don't want to share the posh chairs and Plasma tellies?

8. I saw folks from the CO in the bowels of MB in '92. Don't know if they ever escaped
  9. They used to go on in "The Bunker". That was in the days before the move to Metropole and the refurbishment though.

Eeeeeh, you could still smoke in the cafe then. Them were the days.
  10. It's a good idea, perhaps we should extend it to parliament as well. The Palace of Westminster could in reality house several governments, we could shoehorn the Welsh assembly and that Scottish shower in there and save billions in the process!
    • Like Like x 5
  11. We could put alex salmon in Big Ben.
  13. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Wasn't it Consignia? Either way, utter shite.