Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Network Rail win Field Gun competition.

philc

LE
This is Brickwood Field gun, a sort of chopped down H&S version for cadets and civies, in no way as interesting or fun as the real thing.

Well done Network Rail! Now try putting that sort of dedication and effort into your day job.

Shiny

Well done to 'em and all who took part. It's not an easy game, said by one who who watched it on tellly over the years.

CFB.

It's good to see that they can plan at least one program that runs on rails.

Pah! Back in my day we used to dismantle a Chieftain, a Challenger and a 438 and hand pawl them across a raging crocodile infested river and back. All before tiffin. harrumph...

Pah! Back in my day we used to dismantle a Chieftain, a Challenger and a 438 and hand pawl them across a raging crocodile infested river and back. All before tiffin. harrumph...
was that natural obstacle:

a. A river inhabited by angry crocodiles.
b. A river in full flood.

It's all about how you read it......

sguyw

LE
was that natural obstacle:

a. A river inhabited by angry crocodiles.
b. A river in full flood.

It's all about how you read it......
I'd say the crocodiles were miffed, the river was turgid and the leather straps we were required to wear chaffed somewhat. Still not sure why we needed to wear the straps on the inside though....

Better to wear straps than chaps....

Rumour has it a senior commando type got hospitalised this year doing the field gun. Trying to fight off his midlife crisis

Chest drains the lot :)

got run the f++K over :)

Last edited:

Latest Threads