Netherlands Marines captured in Libya

Discussion in 'Syria, Mali, Libya, Middle East & North Africa' started by Muntie McSporrin, Mar 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lets hope Libya has better tailors than Iran. Just the thought of those suits "our brave boys" were made to wear makes me shudder. Ho and they will need ipods and someone from fleetlands to fix the Lynx if it hasn't flown for a few hours.
  2. Don't forget 'girl' too... Although I use that term VERY loosely.
  3. I read the first post and, though tempted, thought that I wouldn't make any comment about suits and ipods for fear of setting dunesomething off on an RN rant. Too late now.
  4. Come to think of it, have not seen cloggie around for a while...
  5. All that long blonde hair will fascinate those little Arab boys, I can imagine them forming an orderly (as they're famous for) queue to get a chance to have a feel.
  6. You see, if we'd had the Ark Royal and her mighty 6 GR9s onboard then this would never have happened. Its clearly an argument in favour of carrier airpower as right now we could be nuking Libya with our mighty planes flown from the sea (on and on ad nauseum...)
  7. Not only that! Helicopters are so much better a way of extracting people than from a runway in the middle of know where using a C-130!!! You can land them right in the heart of the action!

Just think of all the flexibility we would have had to put penny packets of bods down all along the coast so they could be rounded up too if we'd had a carrier!
  8. I like the Dutch Marines. They're sound as a..guilder? Euro? Well pretty sound anyway.
  9. No need to thank me!;-)
  10. My word you've made the most of St David's day haven't you? It will be a thick head tomorrow though...
  11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

they probably got the munchies and landed for pizza
  12. On Wednesday, Gadhafi warned the U.S. and other Western powers not to intervene in the chaos enveloping his country. He vowed to turn Libya into "another Vietnam," and said any foreign troops coming into his country "will be entering hell and they will drown in blood."

Best stick to cruise missiles then and tactical nukes :)
  13. More likely, they stopped for a smoke and a pancake.