Netflix

I have used it for a few years here in Montana US. It's a good service that continues to try and improve it's content. We get show that no other provider will offer like Misfits and so on. It used to be $9usd for one BluRay disk a month plus unlimited streaming content. Then they tried to separate the two offers and name and renigged on it.

If you are sent to some hell hole, you can hide your IP on hide my ass dot com and still play netflix.

Another nice thing about it is that you can stream to your RokuTVbox, ps3, phone with android and laptop along with your television. So, you can waste time anywhere.

The content is pretty good. The series that they release are always a year off. The movies are not the newest releases but they have a great selection of foreign films and documentaries you cant find anywhere else.

It's a love hate relationship.

I found NetFlix to be superb at streaming films and TV shows, the quality is very good. The downside is there's bugger all on it, the films are so old its nigh on impossible to not have seen them all before (The latest one I found at the time was Drive Angry) and most of the TV shows are available for free elsewhere.

I googled NetFlix and lack of content appears to be a common complaint in the USA, apparently they are doing deals with various US networks but it comes across as if they want my investment before actually coming up with the goods. Very much a shame as the streaming quality is so good. That said it costs marginally more than a pint so depends how tight you are!

We get show that no other provider will offer like Misfits and so on.
That's kind of my point, we have 4OD, BBC iPlayer plus all the other channels players, they don't offer films but most of the shows you can already watch online, NetFlix offers a very limited amount of films that I could source elsewhere with greater content.

I do wonder if NetFlix has a new European based server they are using and are planning to up the content?

Just signed up for the month free today through Xbox had a browse and a flick through the HD films and TV shows looks a great package for £5.99 a month picture quality is superb . I currently have the Virgin Tivo XL service with out the films so its saved the missus a trip up to blockbuster on a regular basis Tried it on the lap top it works well , not tried the iPhone as yet wait out.

I'd bet that our content is greater since Hollweird is very greedy with it's content license. It would be difficult to allow international license agreements for a lot of our shows and movies.

I do miss the disc option of getting one bluray disk at a time a month but we have what is called a red box in nearly every shop. Put in your CC and a disk pops out offering all the new releases.

What they do best here in the States is offer a Blueray and DVD selection mailed to your home. It's only competition really is blockbuster that delivers to homes as well.

Movie rental shops are almost completely eliminated here now. It has moved to mail orders and streaming online.

Their streaming video started off as a bonus for disc subscribers. You could rent as many as you wanted one at a time in the month you paid for. They added streaming and it became so popular that they needed to "charge more" or separate the two services.

They lost millions when they split the two up.

Hopefully you will get netflix delivery soon.

After receiving a couple of emails from my internet provider about downloading films have decided to use either Netflix or Amazon Prime. Which one in your opinion is the best buy?

After receiving a couple of emails from my internet provider about downloading films have decided to use either Netflix or Amazon Prime. Which one in your opinion is the best buy?
For films? Prime imho. For TV boxsets Netflix.

Both have a lot of garbage on them and you need to search for the gems in both.

MB

NowTV is another option you can get the SkyTV boxsets and/or Sky Movies that way, even watch them live if you want to go old school

It's a bit awkward for TV shows as there's always stuff on Amazon, Sky and Netflix I want to watch and I can't be bothered hunting for a decent download when it's pennies now to stream it so got the lot

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A1Tech Films, Music and All Things Artsy 71
Lucky Jim The NAAFI Bar 16
dingerr Films, Music and All Things Artsy 12