Nessun dorma by Andrea Bocelli

#1
I've been trying for yonks to find this and looked all over the shop. Being Andrea Bocelli and with his classical background, I'm sure he must have recorded this at some stage, but I'm fücked if I can find it. Anybody know where I can?

MsG
 
#2
See here.



1. Turandot: Nessun dorma
2. L' Arlesiana: Lamento di Federico
3. Macbeth: Ah, la paterna mano
4. Rigoletto: La donna e mobile
5. Elisir d'amore: Una furtiva Iagrima
6. Panis Angelicus
7. Ava Maria
8. O Sole Mio
9. Core n'grato
10. Santa Lucia luntana
11. I' te vurria vasa
12. Tu, 'ca nun chiagne!
13. Marinarello
14. Piscatore 'e Pusilleco
15. Message Bocelli
16. Adeste Fideles (bonus track)
 
#3
Menni, menni thanks, Dozy Bint. Much obliged indeed!

MsG
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#4
Bocelli is very good , but I do have to say IMHO that Pavarotti still has the edge on him.

Strangely enough it was the BBC (television type) who introduced most of Britain's nokultura to classical music by using Pavarotti's Nessun Dorma as the theme for World Cup Italia. This built into the 3 Tenors and their stuff was great at subsequent World Cup competitiion off field entertainment.

However, they have not done a lot for opera as a whole as they have 'cherry-picked' the popular songs from the range of operas available. Still - that is what attracted me in the first place. It is the music and how it comes across which is really important to me.

Mind you, Nessun Dorma would appear to be a great anthem for ARRSE as it seems that this is a 24 hour site -Nobody Sleeps!
 
#5
My pleasure. :) I think he's a fabulous singer and have a couple of his albums, although not this one. As for Nessun dorma, sadly, I can hardly bring myself to listen to that aria since it was so overplayed as the Football World Cup theme.
 
#6
I agree with you completely, Auld-Yin. In particular with the line in "Nessun dorma": "Il mio mistero è chiuso in me". Very fitting for many ARRSEers.
However, I'd beg to disagree on whether Pavarotti had the edge. Listening to Pavarotti is listening to opera and an operatic voice (which is quite truly magnificent, don't get me wrong), but listen to Andrea Bocelli sing "Per Amore" and tell me you aren't truly moved by the utter emotion in his voice.

MsG

Edited, coz I'm a complete mong at times!
 
#7
I didn't see AY's contribution. Sorry fellas, but José Carreras beats Pavarotti! IMHO Placido Domingo's voice soured first, followed swiftly by Pavarotti's but Carreras: a smaller man in stature, but a larger and more pure voice.
 
#8
Dear Dozy Bint,

I agree that both Domingo and Pavarotti have gone rapidly downhill, while Carreras has endured with his wonderful voice. However, given the choice, I would have to rank "Big Lucy" among my all-time favourites, voice-wise. He really is very hard to beat. Put him up there with Enrico Caruso, Richard Tauber, Karel Gott and the like.

MsG
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#10
DozyBint said:
I didn't see AY's contribution. Sorry fellas, but José Carreras beats Pavarotti! IMHO Placido Domingo's voice soured first, followed swiftly by Pavarotti's but Carreras: a smaller man in stature, but a larger and more pure voice.
No way Jose (can't be arrsed with the accent/grave). Jose is younger and therefore more likely to carry on that bit longer. Domingo was always trying to keep up with t'others. The one with the absolute depth of voice, clarity and tunefullness is, and will be for a long time to come, Luciano P. I think Jose is the male equivalent of Lesley Garret, nice to listen to but not quite the complete artiste. (Mind you LG has nicer chebs - just to keep this in the arrse style)
 
#11
Auld-Yin said:
I think Jose is the male equivalent of Lesley Garret, nice to listen to but not quite the complete artiste. (Mind you LG has nicer chebs - just to keep this in the arrse style)
If we're turning this to eye-candy v vocal talent, I give you Russell Watson! Easy on the eye and not nasty on the ear, but his lungs don't have the power to be an operatic force.
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#12
DozyBint said:
Auld-Yin said:
I think Jose is the male equivalent of Lesley Garret, nice to listen to but not quite the complete artiste. (Mind you LG has nicer chebs - just to keep this in the arrse style)
If we're turning this to eye-candy v vocal talent, I give you Russell Watson! Easy on the eye and not nasty on the ear, but his lungs don't have the power to be an operatic force.
Well, getting back to Andrea - I don't think he is into eye candy, more braille!. I still maintain (to get back to thread) that Pavarotti is the main man, and listening to him, especially Ave Maria, is a great way - for me - to spend an evening (or part thereof). Strangely enough I have never put on classical music while posting on ARRSE - is this significant?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top