Nervous about the new DIN

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by armr617, Feb 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just had a look at the new DIN, I'm now getting nervous. (DIN 01-063)
    Due to leave in Jun 2016, which is obviously after the intro of the new scheme.

The way I have read the DIN it seems that the protection applies to those within 10 yrs of their NPA, which means if you are 45 on 1 April 2012 then you will remain on your current pension. Everyone else, un f*ckin lucky.

From what I've seen, my plans for my pension money have just been well and truly shattered.

2. The Nurses union is balloting over the same issue now. All the public sector are being treated the same

3. Id say you are lucky not to have been chosen for redundancy. Your pension acrued to the date of the change is protected. So stop blubbering and get on with it.

4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Is 2015 confirmed as the start date or is that still open to question?

5. Lucky? I would have cried tears of Joy if Id been chosen, like quite a lot of people who were. Damn shame my trade & class is bulletproof.

And yes 2015 is still the planned time frame.

6. **** them and their 30k* a year pensions, what about us poor hero squaddies?

allegedly*

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bottom Line - What you have built up prior to Apr 2015 is protected unless you have more than 10 years to serve on or after Apr 2015

8. True, however, what really makes me nervous is what else they decide to change between now and the change over date.
    commutation changes maybe?

9. Bottom Line - What you have built up prior to Apr 2015 is protected unless you have more than 10 years to serve on or after Apr 2015

WRONG

What you have buiilt up is protected regardless of how long you have served. If you have less than 10 to serve you ALSO get to stay on the old terms rather than switching to the new for your remaining service.

10. Negative Ghostrider, as I read it normal pensionable age in this case refers to 55th birthday. That's why anyone who is aged over 45 on 01st Apr 12 remains on the old scheme all others move over. I can't see any mention of pension commutation in the appendix; has this option been withdrawn completely for those under 45 on 01st of Apr?

11. Spaz, exactly what has what you said got to do with what he said or my response to it?

12. This:

If you have less than 10 to serve you ALSO get to stay on the old terms rather than switching to the new for your remaining service.

If you are under 45 on the 01st of Apr 12 you WILL be transferred onto the new scheme.

13. I believe you may have mistaken normal pensionable age as 22yrs served, when in fact the document is referring to your 55th birthday.

14. I'm surprised the topic isn't all over Arrse! Probably due to the majority of users are eithet out the Army or civvies :)

Can anyone answer this Question with the Info from the new DIN;

I'm due to complete my 22 on Nov 14 (Before the Apr 15 cut off date) however I volunteered for VENG Short and I could stay in until Nov 16.

If I complete the VENG and get out Nov 16 will I see a significant drop in my Pension? Or should I get out before Apr 15 on the old terms?