Nero DVD burner

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by whit_RE, Feb 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm using Nero 7 premium as my DVD burner, but it seems to take forever to burn the average DVD - a couple of hours for the last few I've done. Is this normal or is something wrong? Any help would be appreciated as I've had enough trouble learning about torrents etc.

2. Sounds like you're burning in real time. Have you tried selecting 'fast burn'.

3. I think it is real time (feels like it!) How do you change it?

Bet you're glad you're not a computer mlaar like me :slow:

4. just have a look see in the final burning dialogue for the burn speed option. then just match it up to the maximum disc speed on your blanks. that'll ensure your fastest possible speed. the options are usually 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x and 16x.

i can, if you need, do a screenshot walkthrough, just tell me what you're burning so i can match it up as well as possible.

5. blank discs are tevion dvd+rw with a max of 4x...any good?

6. yeah, should be fine. so in the final pop up window (pre-progress bars) set the speed to 4x and it'll be as good as it can. PM me if you have anymore probs mate, i'll take you through it in full detail if you need.

7. Its slow becuase your only at 4x speed.
    I would bin the 4x RW and go for a faster 8-16x DVDR+ or -. They are pence to buy, save your RW for DVD Recorders.

8. thanks :thumright:

9. will do :thumright:

10. Make sure your overburning settings are like the pic below by selecting File then Options on the menu bar

Attached Files: