Nephew joining up

S

syledis

My nephew is joining the RLC as a driver (the shame) and i was going to get him a few bits and pieces for basic.

Ive already got him a shoe shine kit with decent brushes, polish etc from This Tribe, but was going to get him a good iron as well. Is it still the done thing to take your own to basic?

My nephew is joining the RLC as a driver (the shame) and i was going to get him a few bits and pieces for basic.

Ive already got him a shoe shine kit with decent brushes, polish etc from This Tribe, but was going to get him a good iron as well. Is it still the done thing to take your own to basic?
I got list for basic recently and yeah you still take own iron

If he is joining as a Junior then it would be Harrogate, if its adult then more than likely Pirbright....follow the link and click on relevant ATR/AFC and look at Pre arrival information...kit lists then pdf file on right....all except for ITC Catterick are generic JI's. As you would probably know get a good iron, it will probably be the most important thing he uses. Soldier Initial (Phase 1) Training - British Army Website

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crab2stab Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment 10
Make_it_fit Army Pay, Claims & JPA 7
L The NAAFI Bar 14