Nephew Joining the TA

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
A Company (3PWRR) - British Army Website

A Company 3rd Battalion, The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment

The Territorial Army has had a presence in Farnham, Surrey since it's formation in 1908 and the town is home to 'A' Company's Headquarters, Mortar Platoon, Medics, Chefs, Clerks, Drivers and Recruit Training Wing. The Mortar Platoon is equipped with 81mm Mortars, a potent and combat proven indirect fire weapon system. Soldiers posted to the Mortar Platoon undertake a range of advanced training alongside the Regulars to provide manoeuvre support to the Battalion's battlefield capability. The Company also has a Rifle Platoon, the core of an Infantry Battalion, based in Camberley.
TA Centre, Guildford Rd, Farnham, Surrey GU9 9QB
Tel: 01252 716236

This Bugger as got you taped, Smudger!

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Crab2stab,

Depending on how far your nephew is willing to travel, there are also the options of RMR in Henley-on-Thames and B Coy, 4 Para which has a platoon in Croydon.

RP578, again many thanks it gives him a few options.

If any Arrsers train with these mentioned units I woudl be grateful for your opinions on them.

RP578, again many thanks it gives him a few options.

If any Arrsers train with these mentioned units I woudl be grateful for your opinions on them.
Well, the standards demanded are the same as the regular i.e P Coy and commando tests etc so I'd expect the standards expected from potential recruits to be of the highest order.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 3
Make_it_fit Army Pay, Claims & JPA 7
L The NAAFI Bar 14