Nemesis of the Roman Empire

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Volunteer, Apr 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My son wants to download and play the game Nemesis of the Roman Empire.

Our new laptop operates Windows 7; Nemesis is an old game, would it play on Windows 7?

I have Googled for an answer to no avail. Your advice would be appreciated: thanks. :)
  2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

If it's W7 Starter Edition you may have trouble because it doesn't come with a compatibility mode (i.e. you can't force it to run things while pretending to be XP or 98). If it's a "proper" W7 installation then you should be fine, although I guarantee nothing!
  3. It's a 2003 game so it may well run under XP compatibility mode, but there's no guarantee for games, as Bruno said!
  4. Thanks for responding, Chaps. The game took an hour to download and install; the upshot is it did not work. The following wizards detailed a compatibility issue. It was worth a try. :)

Not to be outflanked my boy got a game called Rome Total War: The Anthology and he is made up with it.

This is the first time I have seen a computer game of its type and it looks appealing -- a far cry from the model soldier wargaming I played decades ago! :D
  5. The total war games are excellent mate , Medieval and Empire are as good as if not better.