NEM pay loss with NI rise

Have you lost take home pay under NEM

• Yes

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
Anyone else taken a pay cut in take home with the NEM. Most of the JNCOs and Privates have taken a pay cut in my case £9 pound less a month not a lot but proves the MOD where lying through their teeth and yet another reason for signing off.

Nope, it appears over £900 a year gain.

And it looks like I get an extra 3 increments to climb (although I'm not entirely sure about this).

Pays to be a winner.

but proves the MOD where lying through their teeth
Did they pay you less?

No.

So they weren't.

The MoD are hardly going to check every single commutation of a million or so different sets of circumstances just to ensure you wont lose money in some way.

Let's keep the baby in the tub, eh.

Anyone else taken a pay cut in take home with the NEM. Most of the JNCOs and Privates have taken a pay cut in my case £9 pound less a month not a lot but proves the MOD where lying through their teeth and yet another reason for signing off.
The MOD never promised your take home pay wouldnt be less.

Quote no one will loose money even asked in the briefings about other rises in costs dropping out wages below the current take home
If you asked about other costs then again the MoD will only have looked at MoD costs... not your set of circumstances for NI.

Also NI is nothing to do with MoD so how can they themselves brief (prior to April) about changes in NI?

Simple facts.

You, like I, were briefed on the changes to the pay scheme.

You, like I, can't do anything about the change.

You, like I, should we leave the forces, will still be affected by the NI changes.

Quote no one will loose money even asked in the briefings about other rises in costs dropping out wages below the current take home
You haven't lost money from your gross pay.

Nope, it appears over £900 a year gain.

And it looks like I get an extra 3 increments to climb (although I'm not entirely sure about this).

Pays to be a winner.
Same boat, still can't see how it was worked out as there didn't seem to be a OR8 level 9/9 on the transition table, but now level 7/10!

They are part of the government of the day and fully aware of costs /losses on the pay review, funny how their pay board is totally independent yet ours is steered by the MPs. Very naive to believe Fallon and crew had our best interests at heart when they set up the new pay scales

They are part of the government of the day and fully aware of costs /losses on the pay review, funny how their pay board is totally independent yet ours is steered by the MPs. Very naive to believe Fallon and crew had our best interests at heart when they set up the new pay scales
Get a better job.

In my experience a high percentage of Juniors have a general poor understanding of their Pay Statements.

End of the month shall prove interesting reading here...

Gone up by just over £900 a year but until the April pay run I won't know how much extra NI is liable. Therefore I cannot vote until then, I am amazed how many of you already know how much extra NI you will be paying.

Gone up by just over £900 a year but until the April pay run I won't know how much extra NI is liable. Therefore I cannot vote until then, I am amazed how many of you already know how much extra NI you will be paying.
The NI is 1.4% of your wage

I'm alright Jack.
Just wait until the quarter charges jump up (or if you live in the core meal price.) You'll have a right cry over that.