Nelson Mandela walks into a bar

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Placebo, Jun 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Too soon?

2. Well that was a shite joke.

3. Just an opportunity to say the words "too soon" which is a product of the anxiety-ridden form of modern comedy derived from TV show formats such as Seinfeld, Friends etc. A lot of Jewish writers, producers and investors have contributed to these shows ensuring their form of uncomfortable and awkward 'comedy' permeates most Western cultures these days. I, for one, am a little bored of it after ten years of it.
    Time for a comedy revolution comrades. It is time.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Did he go "Oof! Who put that bar there?"

5. we could start by burning every recording of Dhama and Greg.

6. i had to look that up on google...i remember now have seen a few minutes before turning off. i was possibly looking at the screen sideways for a few minutes like a confused dog. comedy?

let's go steady with the burning references here ok?

7. and while we are at it, can we bung that twat Gervais on the fire?

• Like Like x 5
  8. Dhama and Greg, of course, was comedy gold when compared to "According To Jim" - without doubt the worst sitcom ever. In terms of the original question, its never too soon. I was making jokes about the plane flying into the WTC before the second plane had even hit.

9. ohhhh yes. yes we can. a log loader may be needed for this pyre. quite a lot of dead wood about.

10. Why the long face?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  11. I tried watching Seinfeld - WTF was funny about it? What a complete pile of dog poo.

• Like Like x 1
  12. should we start a whiny thread about modern humour? has been done tho has it not?

• Like Like x 3
  13. I think the only people laughing were the writers and actors, laughing (hysterically) all the way to the bank.