Neighbour being a tw*t

#1
Hi all.

For once I am back on leave in my own house, my next door neighbour rents his house out and is currently un-occupied. He has four very large conifer trees that overhang my fence, where I can reach (even with a ladder) I have cut them to the boundaries but the branches where I can’t reach keep dropping pine needles, branches and all sorts of crap on my decking, also they are now on the verge of blocking sunlight. I have asked him many times if he would sort it out but he refuses so therefore I think its time to take action.

Can anyone tell me how I can kill the trees without either chopping them down (very tempting) or making it look obvious I have done anything?.

Thanks in advance.
 
#2
A couple of barrels of Agent Orange should do the trick!!
 
#4
mark3536 said:
Hi all.

For once I am back on leave in my own house, my next door neighbour rents his house out and is currently un-occupied. He has four very large conifer trees that overhang my fence, where I can reach (even with a ladder) I have cut them to the boundaries but the branches where I can’t reach keep dropping pine needles, branches and all sorts of crap on my decking, also they are now on the verge of blocking sunlight. I have asked him many times if he would sort it out but he refuses so therefore I think its time to take action.

Can anyone tell me how I can kill the trees without either chopping them down (very tempting) or making it look obvious I have done anything?.

Thanks in advance.
You dont have to do much, contact you local council, they will help with 'leylandii' problems.
 
#5
The_Coming_Man said:
A couple of barrels of Agent Orange should do the trick!!
I have explored stuff like weed killers etc but i dont think its potent enough to kill four large trees, i wish i studied Chemistry harder at school now;)
 
#6
guzzler said:
Conifers don't like diesel even in small amounts. But think what will happen if they die and fall the wrong way.

Diesel eh?i may well give that a try, the trees are within arms length and im in cover so maybe drill into the tree pour some in and hope for the best, how long do you think it will take?
 
#7
Get a big ladder and remove all the overhanging bits. To be on the safe side return the debris to his side of the property.
 
#9
duffdike said:
Get a big ladder and remove all the overhanging bits. To be on the safe side return the debris to his side of the property.
I have heard about this before, i take it, it could be classed as theft if you disposed of the branches? Im not willing to risk falling off the ladder as its bloody high up and i have a dogdey leg.
 
#10
Yes that is right. If its overhanging your property you are entitled to move it. I have been involved in a so called Right of Light case and they are not much fun I can tell you. Never rely on the Council, a Solicitor or the Court to apply the law in this type of thing. They make it up as they go along.
 
#11
duffdike said:
Yes that is right. If its overhanging your property you are entitled to move it. I have been involved in a so called Right of Light case and they are not much fun I can tell you. Never rely on the Council, a Solicitor or the Court to apply the law in this type of thing. They make it up as they go along.
Thanks very much, im not one for involing the Rozzers etc in anything anyway. Much prefer to sort it out other ways
 
#12
had the same......chopped themdown whilst neighnour was away...he was actually quiet grateful!
 
#14
Right, the cordless drill is on charge, i have found a fu ck off big drill bit and some diesel in the garage. I will let you know how i get on.
 
#16
Hammer a pipe (scaffold) into the earth under the base of the tree, pour in some sodium chlorate and add some diesel, goner for sure very quickly, you should be able to get sodium chlorate from B&Q in a larrge tub. :wink:
 
#18
Light a large fire under the overhanging branches - you obviously have to burn garden rubbish :) - This type of tree burns quite well when green :twisted:
 
#19
The git down the road planted a load a palm trees,person or persons unknown used a cordless drill and a syringe to administer Round-up(as previously mentioned),no fuss,no mess and dead trees within a few weeks! When doing the job take a pair of molegrips to remove the drill bit when it gets stuck.
 
#20
The best way is to get yourself in a prolonged and unreasonably difficult civil case as everyone loves a good old 3 year neighbour dispute which results in three fights and a few incidents of criminal damage.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top