Neighbour being a tw*t

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by mark3536, Aug 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all.

For once I am back on leave in my own house, my next door neighbour rents his house out and is currently un-occupied. He has four very large conifer trees that overhang my fence, where I can reach (even with a ladder) I have cut them to the boundaries but the branches where I can’t reach keep dropping pine needles, branches and all sorts of crap on my decking, also they are now on the verge of blocking sunlight. I have asked him many times if he would sort it out but he refuses so therefore I think its time to take action.

Can anyone tell me how I can kill the trees without either chopping them down (very tempting) or making it look obvious I have done anything?.

Thanks in advance.

2. A couple of barrels of Agent Orange should do the trick!!

3. Conifers don't like diesel even in small amounts. But think what will happen if they die and fall the wrong way.

4. You dont have to do much, contact you local council, they will help with 'leylandii' problems.

5. I have explored stuff like weed killers etc but i dont think its potent enough to kill four large trees, i wish i studied Chemistry harder at school now;)

6. Diesel eh?i may well give that a try, the trees are within arms length and im in cover so maybe drill into the tree pour some in and hope for the best, how long do you think it will take?

7. Get a big ladder and remove all the overhanging bits. To be on the safe side return the debris to his side of the property.

8. Results can start to be seen within 48hrs but full job may take months but only one dose is needed.

9. I have heard about this before, i take it, it could be classed as theft if you disposed of the branches? Im not willing to risk falling off the ladder as its bloody high up and i have a dogdey leg.

10. Yes that is right. If its overhanging your property you are entitled to move it. I have been involved in a so called Right of Light case and they are not much fun I can tell you. Never rely on the Council, a Solicitor or the Court to apply the law in this type of thing. They make it up as they go along.

11. Thanks very much, im not one for involing the Rozzers etc in anything anyway. Much prefer to sort it out other ways

12. had the same......chopped themdown whilst neighnour was away...he was actually quiet grateful!

13. A copper nail inserted into each tree under cover will take care of it.

14. Right, the cordless drill is on charge, i have found a fu ck off big drill bit and some diesel in the garage. I will let you know how i get on.

15. round up........ kills anything and everything that grows