Negligent Discharge of the Week!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by codbutt, Mar 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Kyiv expects Moscow's explanation regarding artillery shell incident in Sevastopol

KYIV. March 30 (Interfax) - The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry has yet to receive official explanation from Russian authorities regarding what caused the Russian Black Sea Fleet's large assault ship Tsezar Kunikov deployed in Sevastopol to fire a live artillery shell.
    According to Ukrainian authorities, the vessel Tsezar Kunikov based near Nakhimov Square in downtown Sevastopol fired an AK-725 artillery system, which is used to hit air and above-water targets, without permission at 3:10 p.m. on March 26.
    The command of the Russian Black Sea Fleet confirmed the incident.
    The artillery shell exploded near the Laboratornoye highway in Sevastopol.
    The Foreign Ministry forwarded a note to Russia requesting an explanation for the incident and demanding measures that will help prevent similar situations in the future, the ministry's press service said in a commentary on Thursday.
    "Regrettably, the Foreign Ministry of Ukraine has not yet received any official explanation from the Russian side regarding this exceedingly dangerous incident," the commentary says.
    The ministry is profoundly concerned about what happened in Sevastopol on March 26, it says.

The blast might have led to human deaths and caused serious damage to the city's historical sites, the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry said.
  2. Ouch! Safety, show clear.
  3. Show clear!
  4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I wonder which concerned them the most?
  5. BANG
    "What the fcuk was that?" <--- the question to which there is no right answer!
  6. Whats Russian for "I wonder what happens when I press this?"
  7. Technically ND's only apply to below 20mm Calibre.

Many years ago i asked what it was called when above 20mm Calibre....

Answer - AN OOPS!
  8. If the going rate for an ND is 30 day's fine (well it was when I was in the Sandpit), what is that going to be (assuming the Russians get paid this month...)? A 30 month fine?

9. Chlorine and gene pool spring to mind. :D
  10. Call that an ND?

Here's a real ND - one I made near the end of my career:-

It wasn't my fault. I thought the trigger grip lying on the WEO's desk was a video game controller.

11. 1,2,3,4, it 6, yep six brain cells in that clip! 8O

(don't think the smoke was all from the flare!!!!)
  12. But Sir, the safety catch was on Honest!!!!