Negative posts

Why is it so many posts on the AMS sight are negative or damming to the AMS, Units or individuals? There are a core of people who use this site and I will use people not soldiers, who give a very negative vibe to what is an organistion that has had huge successes on recent deployments, which to me is a key performance indicator of a succesful well run organisation. That at the end of the day is the product this "company" produces. The commanders that run this orgaisation, units etc have gone through a process of being reported on annually by various senior managers and have been infront of independant promotion boards and met the critria for promotion. So they are therefore what the system wants and maybe you are not what the system wants, as you are generally daming to these managers on this site. if you believe things are wrong go and spk to these managers and put reccomendations forward. In this day all managers listen (dont necessarilly action your points) but will answer to you. Act in a positive manner, rather than a negative manner. By insulting your company and fellow employees publically whilst hiding behind childish anonymous aliasisserves no purpose other than to satisfy you but deep down you must feel quite shallow and inadequate when you need to hide like you are doing. Its like hitting someone who isnt looking and running away. very cowardly and not soldier like hich is why I referd to you as people which was also difficult to do. be positive not negative its better for all concerned and front up you will feel better within yourself which in turn will boost your low levels of self esteem.

smithy749 said:
Why is it so many posts on the AMS sight are negative or damming to the AMS, Units or individuals? There are a core of people who use this site and I will use people not soldiers, who give a very negative vibe to what is an organistion that has had huge successes on recent deployments, which to me is a key performance indicator of a succesful well run organisation. That at the end of the day is the product this "company" produces. The commanders that run this orgaisation, units etc have gone through a process of being reported on annually by various senior managers and have been infront of independant promotion boards and met the critria for promotion. So they are therefore what the system wants and maybe you are not what the system wants, as you are generally daming to these managers on this site. if you believe things are wrong go and spk to these managers and put reccomendations forward. In this day all managers listen (dont necessarilly action your points) but will answer to you. Act in a positive manner, rather than a negative manner. By insulting your company and fellow employees publically whilst hiding behind childish anonymous aliasisserves no purpose other than to satisfy you but deep down you must feel quite shallow and inadequate when you need to hide like you are doing. Its like hitting someone who isnt looking and running away. very cowardly and not soldier like hich is why I referd to you as people which was also difficult to do. be positive not negative its better for all concerned and front up you will feel better within yourself which in turn will boost your low levels of self esteem.
Well put, wonderful grammar, well thought out and presented

Its still crap, whos gives a shit

Silvester said:
I got bored by the third line down. Is it just another message about how pants the AMS is and how low morale has become?
I struggled manfully to the end. Apparently the writer (I use the term with some reservation) is of the opinion that ARRSErs whose posts indicate that their perception and/or experience of the AMS is less than positive are suffering from low self-esteem, and are possessed of shallow and inadequate personalities. Worse yet, in the author's view any post which is critical of "an organistion that has had huge successes on recent deployments" shows the critic to be cowardly and not soldier-like. He goes on to suggest that everything will be so much better if we all just wrote positive comments about the AMS. I had no idea it was that simple.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
ViroBono said:
Silvester said:
I got bored by the third line down. Is it just another message about how pants the AMS is and how low morale has become?
I struggled manfully to the end. Apparently the writer (I use the term with some reservation) is of the opinion that ARRSErs whose posts indicate that their perception and/or experience of the AMS is less than positive are suffering from low self-esteem, and are possessed of shallow and inadequate personalities. Worse yet, in the author's view any post which is critical of "an organistion that has had huge successes on recent deployments" shows the critic to be cowardly and not soldier-like. He goes on to suggest that everything will be so much better if we all just wrote positive comments about the AMS. I had no idea it was that simple.
Will that ensure that the AMS will no longer be staffed by cnuts ?

What we suggesting the system is broke and the recent deployments have been failures. if that was the case dont you think there would have been high level investigations which of course there hasnt been. Why dont you 10 or so aliases come out (probably from the closet aswell )and use your real names and identify yourselves. Why dont you post suggestions of how things can be improved rather than how things are going wrong and who is responsible. ad value thats of course if you appreciate value.

Not getting your point smithy. Is this some kind of clumsy effort to ID people within "the firm" so they can be suitably reprimanded for saying naughty things about what is an entirley flawed so called organisation. That is bouyed up by some genuinely good people with the drive, pride, dedication and good old fashioned man management skills to keep the troops treading water as best they can (You will note that, I for one, have experienced precious little, if any, of this from Senior management) or............. is it just that you are a total CNUT !!

Do me, infact do everyone here a favour. Take a step back from the environment read around the whole theme of ARRSE and once you have grasped the concept and it all becomes clear then take your head for a shit and FECK OFF out of my TAOR ! Tosser.

if the organisation is as flawed as you make out why dont you leave and move onto another less flawed organisation. Thats what I have difficulty with. Added to that you unwilingness to listen to the other side of the coin ie resulting in debate rather than resorting to a flurry of unwarranted abuse.

I AM !!! and I will not cry one tear nor look back.
Interesting that you jump so firmly to conclusions and offer advice.
So what have I been trying to achieve this last few months ? Surely you have no idea though you choose to point out my faults and give direction. Funny old thing that seems to happen a lot in the AMS lots of chips on shoulders and a certain oneupmanship certainly from many I have encountered. No cohesion no direction.

I speak with some self proclaimed authority.
I have been in a place less flawed and it is poles apart from my current experience. I am moving on to a less flawed environment, I win. Bonus for me is Ive now seen both ends of the spectrum and I can identify what works and what doesnt. This dosnt and one day soon it will fall flat on its fat arsed face.

Big well dones to all who have pulled it off that does go without saying and I will grant you your point is valid to a degree. This not the place for that if you want a big happy smiley forum then start one you could title it "Oooh arnt we great" Its not just on the web mate its everywhere. Once you have spent yourself against the wall of redtape and fat arsses I think you earn the right to come here and vent, I will force some advice on you to return the favour.

"IF the troops ain moaning.......theres something wrong !"

Touche'

Yes, they are moaning, and no, not just here 'hiding behind aliases'. Some of us have been banging our heads against the same wall of ignorance for years. As for not listening, why has it taken 20 years to even begin to restructure CMT training? Seems to me that we are not the people who need to listen. If the comments on these threads leave an uneasy feeling in your stomach then good! People should feel uneasy about the standard of training and development provided for their combat medics. An infantry soldier, in fact any soldier has the right to expect that when it all goes wrong for him, the guy who comes to pick him up will be sharp, skilled , experienced and confident. In truth, it's a total lottery. If he's lucky, he will get one of the few who are reasonably experienced, although it's more likely that he will get someone who hasn't touched medicine in 4 / 5 years. Anyone who thinks I'm exaggerating, think again, this is the norm. That's not to say that these people are idiots, just badly neglected, with little or no investment in their medical trg.

Why? Lest start with a positive culture I suggest.
Grow up, I suggest. We all started fresh faced 17 year olds, as positive as you like. Why? Because we didn't know any better. Luckily, some of us grew up and got tired of being promised everything with nothing to show for it.

What we suggesting the system is broke and the recent deployments have been failures. if that was the case dont you think there would have been high level investigations which of course there hasnt been.
Recent deployments have been achieved by a wing and a prayer. The blokes work hard on ops, no doubt about that, but the clinical standards within my particular cadre are on the whole, shocking. High level investigation? Do me a favour! Puzzle palace knows what the problems are but simply won't spend the money to sort it. That's not a tin hat conspiracy theory either, it's the simple truth.

Why dont you 10 or so aliases come out (probably from the closet aswell )and use your real names and identify yourselves
PERSEC you thick cnut, are you even in the Army? (and there are far more than 10!)

if the organisation is as flawed as you make out why dont you leave and move onto another less flawed organisation. Thats what I have difficulty with. Added to that you unwilingness to listen to the other side of the coin ie resulting in debate rather than resorting to a flurry of unwarranted abuse.
A lot of good blokes are leaving.
We have debated this sensibly many times in this forum, take a look through the pages before making assumptions.
What other side of the coin? That there really aren't any problems and we should all look on the bright side? Once again, grow up. Don't be quick to assume that this is the only place that we talk about this. Many of us have made positive suggestions through the correct channels only to have them knocked back. As for unwarranted abuse, you wouldn't think it was unwarranted if you were in our shoes. Our collective patience has well and truly worn out, and if you think this is abuse, stick around a while, it gets worse.

I have thought carefully about posting this, I am aware of it's negativity. It is not meant as a pointless rant, but hopefully a bit of a reality check for our friend Smithy. Those who have read my previous posts about matters of this sort already know that I am not a person who either jumps on a bandwagon or is quick to slag off the Corps at any opportunity. However, Smithy, your mindless optimism is admirable, I was about 23 before I abandoned mine, but you are clearly not someone who has any grasp whatsoever about what this job is about, either because you are not at all connected with it, you are too young and still have it all to come, or you are too senior and are no longer in touch with what's happening at ground level.
If you don't like the answers to your questions, don't ask them. But don't expect us to lie or hold back if you do ask.

I was 33 when I had my enthusiasm and drive sapped out of me by saps and the feckers are still trying to wring me dry. Yes I appreciate next years programme needs a review but hey people the bits of it with My name heading up that element. I WONT BE HERE...... I swear its like trying to herd cats.

Well put Invictus. Credit to all those "Headbangers" who provided the water wings. I fear mine are holed and deflating more every damn day.

Smithy. Blind optimism is an admirable quality in those that are going over the parapet. Once youve been over it a few times and fought those battles you may feel different (Oh is that me assuming, I do apologise)

Smithy 749,I done my 22, and was I listened to, NO,so they shoved me away from mainstream RAMC, and into Teeth arm Medical Centre,where I stayed for 6 years until retirement.They don't like people to rock the boat, it gets in the way of thier MBE's ect.

Bitter, your F******G right I was.

I'm glad I'm not there now,though the AAC treated me much better than my own Corps.

If I had my time over again, I certainly would not join the medics.It's gone down the toilet and around the bend.

PM me and I will gladly tell you my name.

Ventress

LE
I reckon Smithy749 is Dui-Lai's new pseudo-name and is trying for a bite.

If you are not 'Old Mr Cynical', then take off your Rose tinted sunglasses and smell the coffee! (Even to me that is bizarre!)

As stated the AMS is still fumbling with CMT training and cannot get it right and after 25 years I wouldnt expect any difference.

But I still welcome you to the forum. We value your opinion.

A few points.

1. The AMS has some senior NCO's that were promoted to that rank NOT because they merit the promotion, but more simply that it was EASIER to promote them up and out of the employment that they were so shite at. That was witnessed by myself on more than one occasion, so flip up the rose tinted specs and have a real look around your beloved corps.

2. Many people don't leave the AMS because they are caught financially in the "pension trap" The job may be crap but leaving is sometimes financial suicide.

3. In your posts you don't mention how much service you have under your belt, I would presume not that many, otherwise you would have noticed that the Corps is crap had you been around long enough.

4. We can say what we like about the corps on this medium mainly because it is an open forum. If you aren't happy then leave the site and don't read any more.

5. Having served 22 years and left the AMS without so much as a thank you, I think I am entitled to say publicly that I think the corps is shite.

6. many thanks for giving me the chance to spout venom.