Need to sell my 1897 sword and scabbard

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by m.mus, Apr 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need to sell my 1897 Infantry Sword and brown leather scabbard as I'm about to head overseas for a couple of years and can't store this sort of item.

Does anyone know where it can be sold without giving it away....the scabbard is in v good condition but the blade of the Wilkinson sword has some marks on it (not sure if they can be removed, they're sort of purple/black blotches - but they don't detract from it's niceness when sheathed).

The basket has the ERII cipher and the nickel plating is quite good on the outside but pitted on the inside where the hand goes.

Any clues to a decent honest dealer - or someone who might want to buy it for themselves - most welcome.

Shame eBay don't still allow them to be sold!

Cheers

2. Loan it to a regimental museum if you might want it back, if not donate a proportion to Holiday for Heroes in an auction on here.

3. Good call - Seconded

4. Interesting idea - I shall try and find the auction section of ARRSE and do a recce

5. now is a good time - some members of the site have recently fallen on their swords - I dont have a sword but if I bought yours i could fall on it.

Do a deal with the hols 4 mob and I'll start the bidding at £75

6. Did you sell it? I am interested. Sorry if all a bit late - just joined the site and saw this.
    Cheers,
    Vince