Need to borrow a 98k or similar in the UK in July for BotR

Basically, we're doing a project in the UK where we need ideally a 98k, otherwise a 5-round charger-loaded rifle that's not crap (so no Mosins...) I guess a P14 would suffice in extremis (not an M17 cos they hold 6). It really must be a 5-round only, it must feed properly (so most of the 7.62mm 98k-types are out), and it should ideally be a turned-down bolt handle at the rear, not a sticky-out one. But if all we can get is a sticky-outer, we can go with that.

We're working with a dealer in Derbyshire, and we'd like to arrange for him to borrow the piece for the week of the 16th July.

Anyone able to help us out here?

Thanks

Cross-posted to Facebook...

ugly

LE
Good luck. I'll keep an eye out!

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Whats the project?

Whats the project?
That would be telling :) But it'll get around 100 rounds through it in a 2-gun-action-challenge type course.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ok. So in the same vein, i wont tell you somewhere that probably has one. Whether you could borrow it would be another thing. :)

Ok. So in the same vein, i wont tell you somewhere that probably has one. Whether you could borrow it would be another thing. :)
Basically we want to illustrate the obvious and nonobvious benefits of a larger mag with a "practical"-ish course of fire.

Worst-case scenario we'll block a spare No.4 mag to 5 rounds if we can't get The Bestest Bolt Action Rifle In The World Evarz According To Very Many Aggressive Intartubes Comments.

Good luck. I'll keep an eye out!
Still got a MAS 36? If so and you could source ammo (about 100 rounds) that would work if we can't get a 98k.

ugly

LE
Still got a MAS 36? If so and you could source ammo (about 100 rounds) that would work if we can't get a 98k.
Nope but incan get one! I might also have access to a Siamese Mauser and ammo!

You could try contacting one of the many german walt groups. Some are based up north and have plenty of live K98s.
Would have loved to help, but mine are now with me in Germany (one standard, and one "a bit different").

ugly

LE
Ive asked the association membership sec, if he doesn't have access he will likely know who does and will put the begging bowl out there.
You may end up with a ginger dwarf beard wearing shooter trying to help though!

ugly

LE
He has suggested approaching the northern group! Not as in with that militant ferret smuggling wing of the association but they are generally approachable.

He has suggested approaching the northern group! Not as in with that militant ferret smuggling wing of the association but they are generally approachable.
Provided you're not allergic to whippets? :p

Shame you ruled out the M1917 as the chap from The Armourer's Bench has just acquired one...