Need to be 21 to buy booze now...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ord_Sgt, Jan 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

While the story is a bit funny - here - since when do you have to be 21 to buy alcahol?

2. Since you've needed to spell it correctly!!

3. Most supermarkets now have a policy "If you're lucky enough to look under 21 then you will be asked for ID". I find it hard to believe though that an 87 year old could be mistaken for being under 21. Maybe the cashiers guide dog was in a bad mood.

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

:D OK I can't spell. It's because I'm speshull. Maybe I can't spell it but I can drink it. :thumleft:

5. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Since most of the little anti social knobbers started playing the cnut used to get a carryout and sit out the way with it caused no harm and done no damage unlike the little scroates of today.

6. Not long ago a friend and I went to purchase alcohol from a particular supermarket (God knows why we chose this one). Said friend did not have any identification on him, which is entirely his own fault. He was asked for identification based on his 'looking under 31'. I thought asking for proof of age of people under 31 was a little odd, but an 87 year old man being required to do so is just ridiculous.

7. More likely the person on the till was a spotty 18 yr old 'yoof' who didn't have the fekkin comon sense he/she was born with. Can't count to ten, but could tell you the life history of everyone on big brother.

8. I weep for the future. The wazzocks at Mllarrisons actually confirmed that this wasn't a mistake it was their policy! I've seen some morons working in supermarkets but the group management too?

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Well my ex wife works in Morrisons and she's a thick pikey chav so no surprises there :D In my defence I was young and stupid and she was a particularly good looking chav ;)