Need Student Nurse Information!

I’m looking for more information on the life of army nurses as there’s not a lot of current information online. I finished the Public Services btec diploma last year and have always wanted to join a service, I’ve applied and got into the police but having second thoughts so have been looking into different roles in the army.

I am really keen on everything I’ve read about becoming a student nurse on the army website but really want to know how often they are deployed overseas and for how long etc etc.
Being away from home for really long periods of time is the only thing that is putting me off at the moment, as stupid as it sounds.

If any nurses are reading I would just love to know your experience in the job and what you do day to day and just any information you can give me :)

Thanks

S7015642F

Swinger
I’m looking for more information on the life of army nurses as there’s not a lot of current information online. I finished the Public Services btec diploma last year and have always wanted to join a service, I’ve applied and got into the police but having second thoughts so have been looking into different roles in the army.

I am really keen on everything I’ve read about becoming a student nurse on the army website but really want to know how often they are deployed overseas and for how long etc etc.
Being away from home for really long periods of time is the only thing that is putting me off at the moment, as stupid as it sounds.

If any nurses are reading I would just love to know your experience in the job and what you do day to day and just any information you can give me :)

Thanks
I don’t have any information but go onto Instagram and search for army medical services, they are currently doing a thread a week on each role so you could possibly ask your questions there

Thanks
"Being away from home for really long periods of time is the only thing that is putting me off at the moment, as stupid as it sounds..."

That's a bit of a show stopper really.

My advice:

1. Train to be a civvy nurse.

2. Join the AR.

3. When you're qualified, decide if you're still interested.

BTW can you drive a bus? If so you'll fit right in

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

soleil

War Hero

Thanks

If you are offering a BTEC Diploma in Public Services as your UCAS Points, look carefully at the educational requirement for Nursing in the Army to make sure that you have the right number of points - check the GCSE requirement too to make sure that you have the ones you need.

You must have health and social to be a student nurse and 120 UCAS as I am nearly coming to the end of my application with some more interviews to go. The fact you don’t like being away from home is not good as basic training is 14 weeks away from home and uni 3 years , aswell as being away from home all the time after that

You must have health and social to be a student nurse and 120 UCAS as I am nearly coming to the end of my application with some more interviews to go. The fact you don’t like being away from home is not good as basic training is 14 weeks away from home and uni 3 years , aswell as being away from home all the time after that
It says on the site that you have to have one out of a few options including health & social care, but I’ve got the science double award one.

It isn’t necessarily being away from home, I didn’t word it right, I’ve been with my boyfriend 7 years and been through a lot and don’t want to risk our relationship basically

I don’t have any information but go onto Instagram and search for army medical services, they are currently doing a thread a week on each role so you could possibly ask your questions there
Thank you I’ve found this really interesting since following and would have had no idea they had Instagram :)

soleil

War Hero
It says on the site that you have to have one out of a few options including health & social care, but I’ve got the science double award one.

It isn’t necessarily being away from home, I didn’t word it right, I’ve been with my boyfriend 7 years and been through a lot and don’t want to risk our relationship basically
Mia

What would you be offering as your UCAS Points?

I have been to the insight day at sandhurst and asked the medical corps them self’s the people in charge of student nurses and they definitely said you have to have health and social care or a science at A level or BTEC equivalent level as there was a boy there who hadn’t had health and social so he needed to stay another year at college to get it

soleil

War Hero
Mia

Just to add that the reason I asked about what you were offering as UCAS Points is because the requirement is as stipulated by Birmingham City University.

Yeah I’ve just read the uni website and didn’t know my UCAS points had to be in a certain subject because nothing suggested that on the army website, I have 128 but they’re obviously from my public services course. Guess I’ll just join the police lol

Yeah I’ve just read the uni website and didn’t know my UCAS points had to be in a certain subject because nothing suggested that on the army website, I have 128 but they’re obviously from my public services course. Guess I’ll just join the police lol
You could do officer training

S7015642F

Swinger
You’re welcome, all the corps on Instagram have them.

I wanted to join as cmt but there’s a waiting list for phase 1 training within this role. So been following medical corps to see what other jobs I might want to go into along with royal logistics.

You’re welcome, all the corps on Instagram have them.

I wanted to join as cmt but there’s a waiting list for phase 1 training within this role. So been following medical corps to see what other jobs I might want to go into along with royal logistics.
On the royal army medical corps insta they did a Q and A about a medic and someone asked the question ‘my recruiter told me there’s a 1-2 waiting list’ but then they replied there currently isn’t a waiting list

S7015642F

Swinger
On the royal army medical corps insta they did a Q and A about a medic and someone asked the question ‘my recruiter told me there’s a 1-2 waiting list’ but then they replied there currently isn’t a waiting list
I’ve rang up recruitment about it and they’ve said you could be expected to wait up to a year which is a shame

Latest Threads