Need some quick help

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by jk82, Jul 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I am currently working with my country's passport office (Commonwealth) to get a new passport in order to satisfy the 4.5 year requirement upon application. In order to do this I have had to ask them to cancel my previous passport which had about two years remaining and issue me a new one.

They will do this for me but have asked for some documentation to prove that this is indeed the requirement prior to applying. As of now I have sent them the initial e-mail from recruiting which instructs me on what is mandatory in order to apply. That said, I would also like to send them something more official and I wondered if anyone might be able to direct me to the document which forms the basis for this requirement so I could forward them a copy.

Thanks all.

2. Ask the ACIO for a letter stating the requirement on headed paper, remeber you have not yet got a job and they will state that in the letter, they should produce it for you no problem.