NEED SOME INFO

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Angellwiings, Jun 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a friend who wants to join the forces in one of two areas hes stuck between enlisting in the S.A.S or Royal Engineers...
    anyway he asked if i could find out any details you lot can share to give him a heads up on what he should expect

hes looking to find out how long you train..
    what area is best to opt for...
    how difficult the level of training is..so he knows how to best prepare for either one...
    and anything else you can think of would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Angellwiings :D

2. SAS training? A absolute doddle, anybody with a gimpy leg can complete that.

3. SAS yes thats easy everyone joins them everyday, they're running a course next Thursday at the swing park if you can get there before 4pm to take the air test !
    which consists of jumping off a swing at the highest point you get your wings after your 3rd time ! then its the halo jump ( yep thats right you get a shot of an Xbox 360 ) so if he can find this park he'll get in ;) tell him to phone me if he finds it please !!

No honestly tell your mate to get down to his local office Monday morning and speak over joining up with them and tell him not to be shy about any questions.

Please let us know what he asks and how he got on.

Thank you
    GlesgaeChump

4. Angellwiings :D[/quote]will let you know GC what he decides to do.lol

SAS yes thats easy everyone joins them everyday, they're running a course next Thursday at the swing park if you can get there before 4pm to take the air test !
    which consists of jumping off a swing at the highest point you get your wings after your 3rd time ! then its the halo jump ( yep thats right you get a shot of an Xbox 360 ) so if he can find this park he'll get in ;) tell him to phone me if he finds it please !!

No honestly tell your mate to get down to his local office Monday morning and speak over joining up with them and tell him not to be shy about any questions.

Please let us know what he asks and how he got on.

Thank you
    GlesgaeChump[/quote]

5. One word. Wah?

6. Wah estimate indeed...

7. You'd like to think so, but a part of me believes that some of the chav mongloids out there really are that thick.

8. Just because you opted to go SAS and not engineers doesn't mean you can pick on people.

Tsk Tsk.

9. I originally tried to join the Engineers, however, they would not take me on because I simply wouldn't accept that eating pasties was classed as work. I have never looked back.

10. Surley a WAH.

11. SAS... Engineers... SAS... Engineers... SAS... Engineers... <flips coin> Engineers it is then.

Wah-ometer flickering gently here...

12. What did you join instead hero?

13. Them. Don't tell anyone though. They're watching me..

14. i was on the balcony me...then joined the engrs to do some real work and get some respect from me muccas...

15. to be nice, he has to be in a regiment before trying out for the SAS, so tell him to do Engineers then when he's ready, try out for SAS.