Need some friendly advice regarding the condition of my boots

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Cold_collation

The cadets were already bulling thier boots before i arrived at the det, the military ethos for making the effort would seem to be evident throughout time even within the ACF, they are a great bunch of kids and easily pick stuff up, surely its a state of mind, attitude and aptitude, its just a pair of boots when all said and done, just taking some pride in it cant be a bad thing
But are they bulling merely because they think it’s good practice?

Cold_collation

The cadets were already bulling thier boots before i arrived at the det, the military ethos for making the effort would seem to be evident throughout time even within the ACF, they are a great bunch of kids and easily pick stuff up, surely its a state of mind, attitude and aptitude, its just a pair of boots when all said and done, just taking some pride in it cant be a bad thing
Mate, forget the beeswax bullshit.

Beeswax will harden your boots which yes: ultimately will waterproof them, but will also **** shit up and make them uncomfortable as **** as well as rigid. The key to bulling boots isn't even about the type of leather or polish either! The key thing is in the way you do it....

To be able to bull boots properly you got to understand how the shine is actually achieved. What happens is that the polish you apply sinks into the pores of the leather and what you need to try achieve is a flat smooth layer of polish.

Altberg recommend you use leder gris and in desperate circumstances (a pr scam) leder glos, but i'm telling you now mate with a smooth layer of leather and enough (keyword) SPIT you'll be able to get any condition of boots to an incredible shine.

Use spit, it sounds disgusting but the consistency is far better then water and the results are too. Its why its called a spit shine.

Think they packed that in a year or two back.
Why repair when you can sell a new pair?
Ebay mate, people sell brand new in box or slightly worn or grade 1 condition for quite cheap.

Brand new box on auction usually £70 - £80.

Slightly worn (once or twice with perfect tread) £45 - £70

Grade 1 condition £28 - £40

Club Swinger

Old-Salt

Latest Threads