Need some expert advice please...

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by spike7451, Feb 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

OK,
    Time to put my anorak on here!
    I'm taking part in a model kit build & the subject is Op Granby/Desert Storm.
    I'm making a Diorama of a Army Lynx being refuelled hot.What I need if possible are some photo's of the subject in question.I've tried the net & came up empty.
    Below is the actual photo of the Diorama I'm doing.Any info on the pic as well for the caption would be grateful
    Thanks guys.I'll take my sad anorak off now.
    Thanks
    Spike

Attached Files:

2. Is that Scouse J**es holding the high pressure hose?

3. K Thats a 654 Sqn cab, the reason I'm sure it is because thats an 18 yr old MDN sat in the door :D :D :D

[​IMG]

If you would like a pair of my soiled undergarments simply PM me, if you want anymore piccies of this cab PM me

4. Might even be me in the left hand seat.

5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Thanks for that,Any idea when & where it was taken?
    Think I'll call it 'Taxi for MDN'......

Oh,& thanks for the offer of your undercrackers ,MDN.Think I'll pass but I can let you have a smelly G-Sting from the missus (only one sloppy owner!)

6. It was taken March 1st 1991

Somewhere in Kuwait.

The one in the picture top I imagine will have been taken either on the Ex prior to the land war or during the land war 24-28th Feb 1991.

Definately not after due to the lads wearing bone domes and carrying thier rifles.

7. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Not taking the pi** - good to see you are also part of history. :)

8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Cheers MDN,did the crew wear Growbags or Desert DPM & were there any Gimpy's mounted in the doors?
    I'll post a pic when it's done

9. Standby for more pics, I'll lob them up tonight.

Yes therer were Gimpy mounts some of them quite crude do to thier being no scaling for Door Gunners.

Pilots wore Desert combats and regualr green army combats. None wore growbags.

10. blue-sophist

Wow!

No bullsh*t ... post a few pics :thumright:

11. how did you keep your hair out of the roters,,

12. blue-sophist

He was young and talented then ... life's a bitch, innit!

13. Naa no Gimpies mate thats why they never hit fack all. They did however have some "Kills" with TOW!!!! But that is another story!

14. Cracking picture that mate. Was it taken with a pin hole camera with light levels at 0.5 mililux?

15. The guy's in the first pic have S.L.R.'s I thought they were all gone by the end of the 80's?