Need some advice On joining the army

Hi ever since I was 14 I’ve always wanted to join the army I currently work in construction Been doing it two years now training as a bricklayer but the job Doesn’t fill me very much so I’m thinking joining the army reserves more then lightly as a driver but looking for other options where maybe learn something else In the army My plan is to do reserves for a year and if I like it Are join The regulars , The Royal engineers Seem pretty good , my maths and English isn’t so great

I made the mistake of joining the reserves thinking it would help me join the regulars. In reality all it did was waste 2 years of my life going through a lengthy application process and initial training, only to find it would of been far simpler to just join full time.

Hi ever since I was 14 I’ve always wanted to join the army I currently work in construction Been doing it two years now training as a bricklayer but the job Doesn’t fill me very much so I’m thinking joining the army reserves more then lightly as a driver but looking for other options where maybe learn something else In the army My plan is to do reserves for a year and if I like it Are join The regulars , The Royal engineers Seem pretty good , my maths and English isn’t so great
what advice are you looking for?

options other than a driver, well there are loads of them - Browse Army Roles - Find Your Perfect Fit - British Army

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
what advice are you looking for?

options other than a driver, well there are loads of them - Browse Army Roles - Find Your Perfect Fit - British Army
Join the RLC as a chef, as long as you can count to one, you'll be quids in!
(I thought I'd get that in before any other comedian does)

I joined the reserves and I'll be honest with you. I regret joining the reserves at 17 years old and not going full time for the job I wanted. I had zero pride and it was pretty boring being the youngest there by a few decades. I was infantry and let's be honest 9 weekends and 2 weeks at ITC Catrick didn't make me a soldier. I passed all the same tests etc but now 23 I should have went full time and I'm on the list for it.

I made the mistake of joining the reserves thinking it would help me join the regulars. In reality all it did was waste 2 years of my life going through a lengthy application process and initial training, only to find it would of been far simpler to just join full time.
Right nice one brother I’ll take that on board

I joined the reserves and I'll be honest with you. I regret joining the reserves at 17 years old and not going full time for the job I wanted. I had zero pride and it was pretty boring being the youngest there by a few decades. I was infantry and let's be honest 9 weekends and 2 weeks at ITC Catrick didn't make me a soldier. I passed all the same tests etc but now 23 I should have went full time and I'm on the list for it.
Right nice one brother I’ll take that on board

If you have always wanted to join since you were 14 then do so, that is the clear answer to your question, it's there in your own words.

If you are concerned that it might be best to hedge your bets then you might risk doing nothing, ever. Give it a go and if it does not work out at least you found out rather than live with wondering, you can always go back to what you were doing before.

So why not do a full time commitment or attachment on operations?

Experiance in construction? Why not see if there is an Assault Pioneer platoon?

In my life I’ve only had three choices i’ve narrowed it down to liking bricklayer level2 now but doesn’t really do it for me anymore I did motor-vehicle mechanics at college but unfortunately got kicked out 6 months in , my third choice Army

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
The Great 2018 Upgrade forum? Really?