Need Opinion Please

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by andyhud, May 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I did a 3 mile run last night WITHOUT getting out of breathe and i ran up about 500m of very steep hill.

I completed it in 29 minutes, but i wanted to do a run without getting nackered. My best mile and a half time is 8.10 which was a few weeks ago and i normally can run te 3 miles in about 20 minutes.

Does this mean im now fit or just slow becuase i didnt get out of breathe?

I just want to know if im getting fit as im paraniod as if you dont get nackered then your not doing anything right, if you know what i mean.
  2. I would say both......
  3. Im paraniod and unfit. LOL
  4. LOL i meant fit if you can do 1.5 in 8.10 and slow when you then run 3 in 29.

But, you might also be paranoid if you took my response as you being unfit :p
  5. Im just putting it down to a bad day, as i do fitness everyday. Including weight training, where i lift heavy weights(50KG).
  6. mile and a half time isnt bad but that 3 mile time is sh*t you should be looking at about under 20 mins for a clean fatigue 3 miler, at the very least. what you training for?
  7. The job im training for is, special observer.

I can do it in under 20 minutes, its just for some stupid reason it took 29 minutes, maybe i timed it wrong, or i started the stop watch before i got out of the door.

Im going to time myself again, just incase.
  8. does seem daft you can do 1.5mile in just over 8mins yet you did 3miles in almost 30mins!

With a run time of 8.10mins you should be looking at 18/19mins for a 3 miler in my opinion.