Need Info please

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by weee-g, Jun 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

Hi im Gary, 18 Years old.

My friend and I are joining the Army (2nd Royal Irish) in 9 months time.

I don't know much about the "In's and Outs" of army training, for example duration of training, location of training ect. I keep hearing different things from all sorts of people. Can anyone please help me confirm what actually happens?

Sorry if i sound like a **** but i am more or less a noob at the minuite.

Also what happens if me and my mate sign up together, will we really go through training together ?

Many thanks Guys !

2. You might. lol who knows. As to details of training etc......The army jobs website has descriptive entries for each trade\job. Cmbt Inf (which i assume you are going for as u put RIrish) is there and it explains the duration of basic training
    etc

3. Though this might be a job for fivetodo or one of the other recruiting office gremlins ere

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Eh? What?

5. Smiler, see the edit button? Use it to modfy the 1 post instead of adding a further 100, theres a good chap :)

6. Yeah sorry bout that disco. I kinda just realised that. Having a pretty monged up week here. Hampster is on its last legs in the old wheel.

7. Thanks for the link smiler, i trolled through the army site before....but not the Royal Irish, I'll have a look :D

8. is it regular or TA your looking at fella as i think 2nd R IRISH is TA,
    1 royal irish is one of my career choices to

9. Im not too sure yet wether to go regular or TA, i saw the 26 week training today and nearly **** haha

Who knows i may go regular...But RIR for sure !

10. hang on a minute, so youre joining but you dont know what your joining?

Whilst there are similarities between the TA and regs, they are miles apart in some areas, training being one of them. A weekend or two week camp is a hell of a lot different from regular army life. I think you need to make a decision on your career path, take advice, go see the careers geezer and take it all on board before jumping in.

11. yes, you need to put a bit more thought into what you actually want to do as hammy mentioned.
    how do you know your going in 9 months, if you don't know if your going reg or TA??

12. Mate fill your boots go 1 Royal Irish, I served in the Battalion for a number of years. Loads of operation with 16 Air Assault, travel the world its the way forward..... :D