Need info on protection dog handler in the T.A

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Angus1, Jun 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello there,
    I'm in need of some info on the T.A's as a protection dog handler. Has anyone out there done it or know anyone who has?

Would I get to go on a three to six month tour?

Is leistershire the only place where the RAVC get trained.

Look forward to your replys
  2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

T.A. Dog handler ?
    Who feeds it?
    Do you let the dog pig out for two hours on a Tuesday and then again on Sat & Sun?
    Or do you leave him 5 tins of chum and a tin opener till you come back in?
  3. You want to handle a TA dog? What, is it a cat for five days of the week?
  4. My mucker is a dog handler.

Every Saturday we went down town - 2 babyshams and he was off "handling" some old dog.

Angus 1 join the TA and do your best to be a part time imitation of a regular soldier. Forget the walter mitty job descriptions, unless yu really want to be a dog handler and then its the Regs or Plod for you.
  5. Its the TA, not the TA's!
  6. Gold, sir, pure gold! :worship:
  7. :D
  8. I've got a staffie you can borrow for tuesday nights and the odd weekend :twisted:
  9. Ok fair enough I didn't think look for a T.A forum,
    as for a bone request I originally and still find it hard to see how someone could be a dog handler in the T.A but from reading a post on this site from a thread a couple of years ago by someone stating that they served in Bosnia who was in the T.A, I thought best investigate further along with the fact that the careers office told me that T.A soilders are going on six month tours now. What am I supposed to think. That goes for all of you, thank you for your help, made me laugh
  10. Thank you, this is what I have thought all along, originally enquired about the regular Army but seems a big risk to whether I end up as a dog handler, have to think again.
  11. Ain't that the truth...
  12. Who let the dogs out!! :D
  13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor