Need info on protection dog handler in the T.A

Hello there,
I'm in need of some info on the T.A's as a protection dog handler. Has anyone out there done it or know anyone who has?

Would I get to go on a three to six month tour?

Is leistershire the only place where the RAVC get trained.

Look forward to your replys

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
T.A. Dog handler ?
Who feeds it?
Do you let the dog pig out for two hours on a Tuesday and then again on Sat & Sun?
Or do you leave him 5 tins of chum and a tin opener till you come back in?

My mucker is a dog handler.

Every Saturday we went down town - 2 babyshams and he was off "handling" some old dog.

Angus 1 join the TA and do your best to be a part time imitation of a regular soldier. Forget the walter mitty job descriptions, unless yu really want to be a dog handler and then its the Regs or Plod for you.

I've got a staffie you can borrow for tuesday nights and the odd weekend :twisted:

CQMS said:
Why not ask in the TA forum then instead of spamming this board with your bone requests.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewforum/f=35.html
Ok fair enough I didn't think look for a T.A forum,
as for a bone request I originally and still find it hard to see how someone could be a dog handler in the T.A but from reading a post on this site from a thread a couple of years ago by someone stating that they served in Bosnia who was in the T.A, I thought best investigate further along with the fact that the careers office told me that T.A soilders are going on six month tours now. What am I supposed to think. That goes for all of you, thank you for your help, made me laugh

JSPrest said:

Every Saturday we went down town - 2 babyshams and he was off "handling" some old dog.

Angus 1 join the TA and do your best to be a part time imitation of a regular soldier. Forget the walter mitty job descriptions, unless yu really want to be a dog handler and then its the Regs or Plod for you.
Thank you, this is what I have thought all along, originally enquired about the regular Army but seems a big risk to whether I end up as a dog handler, have to think again.
Regards.

JSPrest said:

Ain't that the truth...