• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Need ideas on how to be an annoying neighbour......

Long story short I've had 5 years of hell living in my flat due to issues with the freeholder. We've been to tribunal over it and I thought we'd reached a point where we'd all move on sensilby but no, he's still trying to screw us over.

The person in the flat below me died last year and the freeholders daughter bought it and is moving in. They've been doing tons of work with lots of noise and disruption to me. On top of this the freeholder has landed us with another huge bill for work they want to carry out which is basically to make the place nicer for daughter. I'm dealing with that through legal channels but in the meantime I want to be the worst neighbour - within the bounds of the law - to daughter.

I can stomp around my flat late at night/early morning, play annoying music during the day, take up the drums etc. but I'd love any ideas on other ways to get at them and make their life hell!

Yes this is a serious thread. I've had 5 years of this shit and I can't sell until this latest dispute is resolved. The freeholder has already threatened one neighbour with action to rescind their lease so gloves are off.

One squirt of ethyl mercaptan through her letterbox.

Don’t do what a bloke at work did. He was on nights & got sick of his noisy neighbours. He had the great idea of leaning his vacuum against their wall & leaving it on all night while he was at work. He came home to a house full of smoke, a burned out vacuum motor & a 6 x 18in burn hole through his carpet, the twat.

Long story short I've had 5 years of hell living in my flat due to issues with the freeholder. We've been to tribunal over it and I thought we'd reached a point where we'd all move on sensilby but no, he's still trying to screw us over.

The person in the flat below me died last year and the freeholders daughter bought it and is moving in. They've been doing tons of work with lots of noise and disruption to me. On top of this the freeholder has landed us with another huge bill for work they want to carry out which is basically to make the place nicer for daughter. I'm dealing with that through legal channels but in the meantime I want to be the worst neighbour - within the bounds of the law - to daughter.

I can stomp around my flat late at night/early morning, play annoying music during the day, take up the drums etc. but I'd love any ideas on other ways to get at them and make their life hell!

Yes this is a serious thread. I've had 5 years of this shit and I can't sell until this latest dispute is resolved. The freeholder has already threatened one neighbour with action to rescind their lease so gloves are off.
See a solicitor - you have a right of quiet enjoyment. All maintenance costs need to.be fair and reasonable. Also, start looking to move. The situation will become untenable. Get the place looking good and move- you will always feel niggles no matter what happens. (That's not facetious- unfortunately you will become more and more unsettled)

See a solicitor - you have a right of quiet enjoyment. All maintenance costs need to.be fair and reasonable. Also, start looking to move. The situation will become untenable. Get the place looking good and move- you will always feel niggles no matter what happens. (That's not facetious- unfortunately you will become more and more unsettled)
Yes costs need to be fair and reasonable but they're demanding estimated costs up front. I've only recently paid £20K for various repairs and the works not even been completed. Property tribunals are very limited in what they can do, they can only decide if the latest stuff is fair and reasonable and it doesn't matter what has gone before.

I've been living this for 5 years. I though I was out of the woods but now they're starting again - I think the freeholder is being vindictive as he didn't win the last round completely and wants to get back at us. Amazing that the daughter has the front to live with the people her dad has mightily pissed off!

As I said, this is also preventing me from selling which is what I want to do at the first opportunity beleive me!

Can't you get together with the other leaseholder/s and buy out the freehold?
I had a similar situation. Years of stress and total rip off costs all the time. It's worth buying the freehold then you have control and it puts value on your flat too. Can't remember exactly but I think it's that if over 50% of leaseholders want to purchase the freehold they have to sell it to you.There are set precedents which set the price.

I've already tried to do that. One neighbour is retired with very limited funds and now has a cash buyer for her flat but at a very reduced price. She just wants out because she can't afford any more trumped up service charges. The two other leaseholders are the freeholders daughter and the most unreasonable neighbor you have ever encountered who previously agreed to buy the freehold with me and then backed out for no obvious reason (after I incurred costs for valuations etc).

It's a complete mess trust me!

Join up with disgruntled neighbours, buy a big cheap place in Wales, France or somewhere.
On leaving, dump opened tins of fish in wall cavity.
Leave no forwarding address.

CFB

Sure this will be shot down....

You know her name, address and maybe age?

What about identity theft, few loans taken out etc. Sure you can take this idea further.

Someone may point out the flaw in my plan, but it’s a start.